Sign in to follow this  
keebles

Ad-Aware 8.1.4 Free

Every time I click update ethier in ad-aware or from the start menu, ad-aware just restarts its self and doesn't update. This just started today. I have uninstalled and restarted, and then downloaded ad-aware at least 5 times and it keeps doing the same thing. What is going on and how can I fix it.

The last version announced here was 8.1.3, so if you have 8.1.4 then I think you're already updated. The latest definitions are 149.0141. You can also try updating by right-clicking the tray icon. Can you confirm which version you have by clicking "About" in the GUI?

[quote name='visitor' post='115850' date='Jan 28 2010, 08:10 AM']The last version announced here was 8.1.3, so if you have 8.1.4 then I think you're already updated. The latest definitions are 149.0141. You can also try updating by right-clicking the tray icon. Can you confirm which version you have by clicking "About" in the GUI?[/quote]

I got the same problem here with version 8.1.4

[img]http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww176/nexico/adadware.png[/img]

everytime when i click the update button it says "componenten reïnitialis." and ad-aware restart!

I also have the same problem. It started happening after the last major update a few days ago. When Update is clicked (both in the program window, and through the systray icon) the update window appears and the bottom progress bar flashes so fast you cannot see what is listed then the upper progress bar becomes solid blue and it states "reinitializing components". The Systray Icon disappears and reappears in a few seconds. No matter how many time you initiate the update process the same thing happens and it never states "You have the most up do date software". There is something wrong with the update version 8.1.4

hi guys,

[url="http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/blog/are-you-experiencing-a-problem-updating-adaware"]http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/blo...pdating-adaware[/url]

It might be that you're not fully update yet and so you're experiencing this too? Either that, or the servers might be a bit overwhelmed. Give it a day or two and if it's not solved let us know and I'll report it for you.

Casey

[quote name='keebles21' post='115848' date='Jan 28 2010, 06:30 AM']Every time I click update ethier in ad-aware or from the start menu, ad-aware just restarts its self and doesn't update. This just started today. I have uninstalled and restarted, and then downloaded ad-aware at least 5 times and it keeps doing the same thing. What is going on and how can I fix it.[/quote]

Hey

This has been reported as a bug in our bug tracking system, Bug #3452

Regards
Kim - Lavasoft Support

[quote name='LS thekim' post='115880' date='Jan 28 2010, 04:08 PM']Hey

This has been reported as a bug in our bug tracking system, Bug #3452

Regards
Kim - Lavasoft Support[/quote]
O.K. thanks for the information, will there be a fix for it soon?

[quote name='casey_boy' post='115929' date='Jan 29 2010, 05:37 PM']I imagine that this will be a high priority fix since LS have so quickly confirmed it and it appears to be affecting a few of you.

Casey[/quote]
This is the same problem I have been having since 01/29/2010. I tried updating, but it keeps saying that same phrase all the time.

Well folks, I think this issue is being overlooked for some reason. I did email LS Calamity Jane regarding it, and did not receive an answer yet, nor has there been any real progress in this thread apart from being told that it has a bug number.

I was talking with a friend who lives only 25 miles from me, and she said hers works same as always. She said she did an update (just last evening) and it downloaded the update with no problem. I showed her what my Ad-Aware was doing, and she said that hers did nothing like mine!!!! How the heck can that happen?? She's only lives 25 miles away!!!! (If that has anything to do with it)

[quote name='Randal' post='115997' date='Jan 31 2010, 12:56 PM']Well folks, I think this issue is being overlooked for some reason. I did email LS Calamity Jane regarding it, and did not receive an answer yet, nor has there been any real progress in this thread apart from being told that it has a bug number.[/quote]
The bug report was late Thursday - I'd say it's overly optimistic to expect a fix in 1 business day.

its now almost mon in usa
how do you download the fix/ 815 if its not connecting to server to download anything

[quote name='casey_boy' post='115867' date='Jan 28 2010, 03:34 PM']hi guys,

[url="http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/blog/are-you-experiencing-a-problem-updating-adaware"]http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/blo...pdating-adaware[/url]

It might be that you're not fully update yet and so you're experiencing this too? Either that, or the servers might be a bit overwhelmed. Give it a day or two and if it's not solved let us know and I'll report it for you.

Casey[/quote]

Hi,
My Ad-Aware says that 0149.0143 update is present. Requesting an update goes straight into reinitialising and no confirmation that my current software is up to date. I tried a full scan but the scan just "hung" on one file. Looking at the posts, this would seem to be happening to quite a few people. Any idea when you might have a fix for these problems?
Thanks.

[quote name='Randal' post='115865' date='Jan 28 2010, 09:24 AM']I also have the same problem. It started happening after the last major update a few days ago. When Update is clicked (both in the program window, and through the systray icon) the update window appears and the bottom progress bar flashes so fast you cannot see what is listed then the upper progress bar becomes solid blue and it states "reinitializing components". The Systray Icon disappears and reappears in a few seconds. No matter how many time you initiate the update process the same thing happens and it never states "You have the most up do date software". There is something wrong with the update version 8.1.4[/quote]

I updated to 0149.0144 and still does the "reinitializing components" screen. I also read that it deletes the mcvcr.dll when you perform a scan.
I have 2 machines and the both display the same problem. Both run differant anit virus programs and firewalls.I am running XPSP2 and had no real problem until this last update to 8.1.4.
Hopefully there is afix to this SOON as this has been this way now since (01/29/2010)

[quote name='LS Jeffery' post='116091' date='Feb 2 2010, 11:55 AM']Hello everyone

We have release an update to resolve the msvcr71.dll issue.

The problem was that we had replaced this file in our own directory because it was no longer needed... But it seems some applications must have registered using the one from our directory. If people perform an update, that file will be put back...

The continually reinitializing problem will be fixed sometime in the near future, but you should know that it is simply an issue with apply some dummy files to the system, so it is nothing to worry about, Ad-Aware will still work perfectly fine.[/quote]

Casey Edited by casey_boy

[quote name='Randal' post='116105' date='Feb 2 2010, 05:09 AM']Just updated to 0.149.0145 (at 8:45 A.M. Eastern time). I hoped that it fixed the issue but alas the issue remains.[/quote]
Just to clarify, they fixed the missing dll problem, but not yet the reinitializing problem.

I am having the same kind of symptoms,my aaw+ 8.1.4 is somewhat erratic,does not update properly and just reinitialises all the time.Lavasoft do seem to be a bit slow in sorting out this bug,it has been going on for me personally a bit too long.

I am having the same Reinitialising problem too.....I re-installed Ad-Aware yesterday,but still having the same problems.This has been going on for days now.....Please can it be fixed soon?

Bobbie

[quote name='one of clubs' post='116247' date='Feb 4 2010, 07:17 AM']I am getting an connection error message now[/quote]
Probably server overload with everyone trying to download the just-released fix for the missing msvcr71.dll problem. If you continue to have an update connection problem later, read this:

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=25456"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=25456[/url]

Sign in to follow this