Sign in to follow this  
s_turner

program will not load or update

i have been running AAW AE on my XP computer for months with no problem. i recently removed a fakealert trojan that was detected by another program. maybe it's just a coincidence but ever since then AAW wont run or update. i had it set to start when i turned the computer on. now it won't even start manually. the loading screen comes up & sometimes the update screen but nothing ever happens. i have left it for 10 minutes and the bar never moves.

should i just uninstall it and start over?
i guess i should add that we paid for this program. Edited by s_turner

With a paid license, you should contact Lavasoft Customer Support (link in my signature). They have both email and live chat support.

i have tried to figure out how to navigate this page but i can't. i have registered but when i try to log in it says -

Your MyLavasoft account has no customer data
You need a customer account to access the Support Center.
We couldn't find your e-mail address in our customer database.

i also got to page that said i needed to be a paying customer but no way to give my product code or anything. i feel like i am missing something obvious.
any help would be appreciated.

A couple things:

- the registration for this forum is not the same, so if you tried that info, it won't work. If you purchased Ad-Aware online, you log in using the email/password from software registration.

- if you purchased Ad-Aware from a store, you need to click on "HAVE A STORE COPY? Click to Register." On that page, it asks for name, email, and serial number.

After registration of a store copy, try to clear your browser cache if you can't log in. If you purchased it online and can't log in with the registration info, I'll PM you contact info.