Sign in to follow this  
askeral

How do I get Ad-Aware to quit popping up

I let my ad-aware subscription expire because i am aout of a job abd can't pay for the service at the moment.

However, AdAware reminders keep popping up at random times even though i close the program out. It also affects what I'm doing because this always loads on top of other apps.

This is worse than the ads that it is intended to block. Do you have an adaware app to keep adaware trash :) from popping up? Please help me get rid of this 'problem'

Do a clean uninstall of Anniversary Edition using Revo Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com). This will get rid of whatever generates the nag screens. Then download the 2010 version 8.1.4 installer to your desktop and execute after disabling any other apps that may interfere with software installations.

[quote name='visitor' post='116301' date='Feb 5 2010, 10:21 AM']Do a clean uninstall of Anniversary Edition using Revo Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com). This will get rid of whatever generates the nag screens. Then download the 2010 version 8.1.4 installer to your desktop and execute after disabling any other apps that may interfere with software installations.[/quote]

Ok. Thanks for the help!

[quote name='visitor' post='116301' date='Feb 5 2010, 10:21 AM']Do a clean uninstall of Anniversary Edition using Revo Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com). This will get rid of whatever generates the nag screens. Then download the 2010 version 8.1.4 installer to your desktop and execute after disabling any other apps that may interfere with software installations.[/quote]

I was being facetious about having another program get rid of an app I had paid for get rid of IT(AdAware)! The suggestion for another (which was appreciated) program "revouninstaller" cost $39.25 to be installed on one computer. (less on more than one) And yes, while it is a 30 day free fully functional download option, how am I to believe that this app may become worse than the much-touted 'AdAware' which is now as much of a problem as many of the programs it claims to monitor, block and/or get rid of.

I am highly disappointed in Lavasoft. I have recommended this product to many people but will now let them know the problems I've recently run into. I will not send any more money or friends to Lavasoft until and unless I get this headache removed from my computer(s) by Lavasoft/Adaware.

I also hope to point out to others on this forum about my problems and alert them on this matter.

Hi,

[url="http://revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html"]http://revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstalle...e_download.html[/url]

There is a free version which works perfectly :)

Casey

why would you need another uninstaller when windows already comes with an uninstaller?

I will add my two cents and say that Ad-aware is getting so ridiculously irritating its not even worth it anymore. With Ad-Aware completely shut down and out of the systray and processes task list. it still finds a way to start up and take over the system.

Lavasoft, you are working your way out of business. Edited by visitor
merged posts

Sign in to follow this