Sign in to follow this  
VBScab

Ad-Watch Live continually wants to restart

It is somewhat maddening to have to reboot to complete the installation of AWL when I elected to not install AWL in the first place. If I were at work,where I have sacrificial VMs I could test my theory on (I create installation programs for a living), I believe I could prove that the update process - which runs after the main install - is the culprit, as it seems to ignore the features I [i]chose[/i] to install (or not install) and blithely installs them anyway during the update.

==========================
Ad-Aware 8.1 Free Edition
XP Pro SP3, all updates/hotfixes installed

[quote name='VBScab' post='116589' date='Feb 13 2010, 09:45 AM']It is somewhat maddening to have to reboot to complete the installation of AWL when I elected to not install AWL in the first place. If I were at work,where I have sacrificial VMs I could test my theory on (I create installation programs for a living), I believe I could prove that the update process - which runs after the main install - is the culprit, as it seems to ignore the features I [i]chose[/i] to install (or not install) and blithely installs them anyway during the update.

==========================
Ad-Aware 8.1 Free Edition
XP Pro SP3, all updates/hotfixes installed[/quote]
[size=4]I am having the exact same problem and I excluded it on install options too. Does Anyone know what to do other then delete the program and not use[/size]

Go to advanced mode settings and turn off the Ad-Watch module(s) and auto-updates, then exit Ad-Aware or reboot.