Sign in to follow this  
tedfred

Ad-Aware 8.2 scan crash

[quote name='casey_boy' post='116560' date='Feb 12 2010, 11:42 PM']Hi,

This is a confirmed bug and will [i]hopefully[/i] be fixed in the next release. (It has been fixed in the current beta version)

Casey[/quote]

I have just installed 8.2 and it crashes when I run it. If this is a known problem, it would be a good idea to remove the product until it is fixed, save having to download and install software that is useless and leaving pcs unprotected.

regard

Re: v8.2.0 (Release)

Feedback to Lavasoft:

This official, non-Beta Ad-Aware version, downloaded twice on 02/16/10 and installed several times (standard and custom preferences) on two PCs (WinXP/SP2), is [u]broken[/u].

The app errors out and closes after scanning a few thousand objects.

The A-A v8.2.0 program should be withdrawn until patched. (Please re-release as v8.2.1.)

--BAM

P.S. On another note, A-A load-time (i.e., presence of splash screen) continues to be very long, even after recent tweaks; suggest you modify app to load user interface quickly (along with a "load %" display/meter, if necessary), rather than allow the splash to remain for an extended period. Confronting a lazy splash, users tend to assume the app has hung.

Many thanks.

Just wanted to confirm, I've had the exact issues.
I'll go deleted this version and go with the Ad-Aware 2009 8.1.2.0.
I think that's where I started. :D

I did receive the announcement from Lavasoft when I logged into Ad-Aware this morning.

Thanks!