Sign in to follow this  
drphilx1

Run time error in setup

I have used Ad-Aware before but I cannot load the new prgram. I receive the following message: Runtime error in setup script: Line 948 failed to set data for "display icon". I have removed and re-nstalled but to no avail. Appreciate your help.

Hi,

The following workaround requires you to edit your registry. It is advisable to back it up first.

[u]Workaround:[/u]
[b]Create a new blank key[/b]

Key name: "Ad-Aware"
in: [ HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ ]
And set the permission for "Administrators"

Casey

Followed inx and was able to load. Now whenI run the program, it runs for a few seconds and I get this: Runtime error! Program C:\ProgramFileS\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exeabnormalprogramtermination - - - - -OK

Hmm...

visitor has reported this to Lavasoft for you. We'll see what they say... Edited by casey_boy
Read the post incorrectly - edit to correct!

I purchased the Plus edition and I am getting the same exact error upon installation. When I try to run install again it uninstalls the product. If I try to run the software, I get the splash screen that says "Loading..." and after a short time it gives the error "failed to connect to service", then closes.

I also downloaded the registry cleaner software and it installed and works fine.

I'm lost...

[quote name='ti2m' post='117620' date='Mar 3 2010, 09:04 PM']I purchased the Plus edition
after a short time it gives the error "failed to connect to service", then closes.[/quote]

Read this for the "failed to connect to service" message:

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=27351"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=27351[/url]

If this doesn't work, since you have Plus, you should contact Lavasoft Customer Support via the link in my signature.