Sign in to follow this  
bliss007

bliss007's own topic

I thought for once they actually made a good build !

It asked me to update and it downloaded real fast and started to update itself, then it closed but did not reopen and my whole PC was brought to a grinding halt.

No real CPU or Memory use or even HDD use but PC was like it is under Prime 95+Memory Stress at the same time with a 30 second delay in anything opening you clock on.

Eventually I got a black screen with only the mouse pointer working.

I had to press the reset button and PC then would not boot to Windows at roughly the stage where Ad-Aware loads so it was stuck loading.

I had to press the reset button again and boot to safe mode and use MSCONFIG to disable Ad-Aware and it started properly this time.

This is a total joke, the whole version 7 and 8 are buggy crap.

[quote name='bliss007' post='116853' date='Feb 17 2010, 10:33 PM']I thought for once they actually made a good build !

It asked me to update and it downloaded real fast and started to update itself, then it closed but did not reopen and my whole PC was brought to a grinding halt.

No real CPU or Memory use or even HDD use but PC was like it is under Prime 95+Memory Stress at the same time with a 30 second delay in anything opening you clock on.

Eventually I got a black screen with only the mouse pointer working.

I had to press the reset button and PC then would not boot to Windows at roughly the stage where Ad-Aware loads so it was stuck loading.

I had to press the reset button again and boot to safe mode and use MSCONFIG to disable Ad-Aware and it started properly this time.

This is a total joke, the whole version 7 and 8 are buggy crap.[/quote]

Hi Bliss007,

I am very sorry for the inconveniences it brought. Could you tell us which version of Windows you are using please? And was there any other anti-virus or anti-spyware products as well? Many thanks!

Sincerely,
Zhe

[quote name='LS linuxcity' post='116904' date='Feb 18 2010, 03:37 PM']Hi Bliss007,

I am very sorry for the inconveniences it brought. Could you tell us which version of Windows you are using please? And was there any other anti-virus or anti-spyware products as well? Many thanks!

Sincerely,
Zhe[/quote]

Vista SP2 64bit with ESET ESS 4.2.22 Beta (they have finally fixed multiple issues after many denials).

It very obviously its this build as I'm not alone with issues, just read this forum.

I dream of the day you make a better product like Version 6 SE.

[quote name='bliss007' post='116922' date='Feb 18 2010, 10:19 PM']Vista SP2 64bit with ESET ESS 4.2.22 Beta (they have finally fixed multiple issues after many denials).

It very obviously its this build as I'm not alone with issues, just read this forum.

I dream of the day you make a better product like Version 6 SE.[/quote]

Hi again,

I am sorry for the issue you encountered again. Currently we think it is a compatibility issue since Ad-Aware now has its own anitvirus engine as well and it may conflict with other antivirus products. We are working on solving this by either changing the software or adding feature that turns off certain modules easily so you can feel free to combine Ad-Aware with other similar products. But for now you can try to turn off file-access protection so that it will not conflict with ESET anti-virus.

And we would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions as well!

Best regards,
Zhe

[quote name='LS linuxcity' post='116948' date='Feb 19 2010, 03:27 PM']Hi again,

I am sorry for the issue you encountered again. Currently we think it is a compatibility issue since Ad-Aware now has its own anitvirus engine as well and it may conflict with other antivirus products. We are working on solving this by either changing the software or adding feature that turns off certain modules easily so you can feel free to combine Ad-Aware with other similar products. But for now you can try to turn off file-access protection so that it will not conflict with ESET anti-virus.

And we would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions as well!

Best regards,
Zhe[/quote]

After the fix today I started the Ad-Aware service up and it froze my PC again, I left it running as PC clock was still ticking but massive 5 minute delay in anything I tried to run.

It updated itself going by screen message when I returned 1 hour later and I rebooted only to have PC freeze on startup.

I booted to Safe mode + Networking and Ad-Aware loads fine and I checked it was updated which it was.

I then started to disable stuff in MSCONFIG to see what conflict was and it is ESET's ESS.

Now I cannot do without this (since they finally got their act together with this beta build) and at the end of the day before this update they ran fine together and that includes the AV engine in Ad-Aware.

So I booted to Safe Mode again and disabled Ad-Aware and enabled ESET ESS and rebooted only to find a completely blank console window for ESET ESS as its totally broken and I am getting warnings of no AV or FW protection on my PC.

So basically it was wiped out by Ad-Aware and on top of this even with ESET ESS disabled and Ad-Aware supposedly running OK my Quad Core CPU is jumping up and down from 0-27% on ALL Cores for no reason for the past 30mins (no scans going on) this makes my PC lag as its obviously using more CPU time/% than that and I cannot use this software in this state and will now have to totally remove it and totally reinstall ESS.

Your adding too much to this software making it bloated instead of fixing issue we complain about, even changing thing that were fine before but now worst.