Sign in to follow this  
polaris

"Hits = ##"?

Since cookie is a small file meant to report my 'activity' whatever that meant by the dataminer is programmed to perform that tracking. But, in the comments column it says 'Hits = xx', some number. What does exactly mean by that number? Is that the number of times it 'reported' back to its source, owner? or number of items of pieces of info about my browsing track of somekind, or whatever? What exactly it signifies?

If I did, for example a creditcard purchase, or logging on to a bank account, does that (a hit by dataminer) mean it has got my cc number or password or banking info? How can I be sure the cookie - dataminer residing on my computer didn't stole it?

But, that information, i.e. the number of hits is somehow doesn't show up in the logfile, I don't know why?

Thanks for clarifying,

-polaris

polaris,

See

Cookies Explained

Also see Grandma Never Baked This Kind Of Cookie!

to see if that helps.

But if it helps you there is a Free Cookie manager called CookieWall to take care of all your Cookie’s for you.

(Tracking Cookie’s are always safe to delete)

GRAFX 206729.gif

Thanks for the help on cookies, and cookiewall. I still would like to know what does # of hits in Ad-aware report signify? Thank you in advance for your reply.

-polaris

Sign in to follow this