Sign in to follow this  
cyberlarry7

AD-AWARE 8.2 KEEPS CRASHING

The new 2010 AD-AWARE version 8.2 has a real bug - it keeps crashing whenever I run a scan.
Does anyone know what's going on?

I have Installed and Uninstalled it 4 times now -- 3 times downloaded from CNET and 1 time from SOFTPEDIA. All installs result in the same exact result - whenever I run a scan, a screen pops up that reads:
[b]Ad-Aware was shut down unexpectedly and has generated an error report.[/b]
The software won't work. My PC is a Dell XPS 400 with MS XP, and it's in perfect working order, so I know it's not the computer. I've used Ad-Aware for years, and all other versions/updates worked perfectly. Why was 8.2 released when it obviously has a bug. I noticed there are numerous complaints in CNET's User Comments - this crash is happening to a lot of people.

Would like to hear from others - does the paid-for version work & only the free one crashes, or is this happening across the board?

[quote name='cyberlarry7' date='Feb 18 2010, 08:20 AM' post='116895']
The new 2010 AD-AWARE version 8.2 has a real bug - it keeps crashing whenever I run a scan.
Does anyone know what's going on?

I have Installed and Uninstalled it 4 times now -- 3 times downloaded from CNET and 1 time from SOFTPEDIA. All installs result in the same exact result - whenever I run a scan, a screen pops up that reads:
[b]Ad-Aware was shut down unexpectedly and has generated an error report.[/b]
The software won't work. My PC is a Dell XPS 400 with MS XP, and it's in perfect working order, so I know it's not the computer. I've used Ad-Aware for years, and all other versions/updates worked perfectly. Why was 8.2 released when it obviously has a bug. I noticed there are numerous complaints in CNET's User Comments - this crash is happening to a lot of people.

Would like to hear from others - does the paid-for version work & only the free one crashes, or is this happening across the board?
[/quote

Finally, it looks like they have fixed it. I just was able just now to do a full scan successfully.