Sign in to follow this  
EAllynM

Ad-Aware 8.2 starts to load but never finishes loading

Recently I updated Ad-Aware. Afterwards, when I tried to run it, it would start to load and I would get the screen saying "Lavasoft Ad-Aware loading..." but Ad-Aware would never (even after hours) finish loading. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest free version (8.2) but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions on what to do? Edited by Midwesterner

Hello, Midwesterner --

Anyone trying to help you will need more info:
1 - What OS (including subtype) are you running. Examples: Windows 7 Ultimate; Windows XP-Pro
2 - Any other protection products (Norton, etc) running?

If you are running any other protection products, disable them, then try again.

Regards,
Russ Walden Edited by Russ Walden

[quote name='Russ Walden' post='116998' date='Feb 20 2010, 01:12 AM']Hello, Midwesterner --

Anyone trying to help you will need more info:
1 - What OS (including subtype) are you running. Examples: Windows 7 Ultimate; Windows XP-Pro
2 - Any other protection products (Norton, etc) running?

If you are running any other protection products, disable them, then try again.

Regards,
Russ Walden[/quote]
Sorry, I should know better than to omit that sort of important information. I am running Windows XP home and I have AVG free and Spybot running. I will try again with AVG and Spybot disabled.

Since the loading problem's resolved, I'll close this topic now (MalGordon's topic was answered by Lavasoft in his post).

The slow GUI loading is an ongoing problem - if you have other issues, go ahead and start a new topic, or if this one about no loading needs to be reopened, PM a moderator.