Sign in to follow this  
agentlopez

freezing when running ad-aware live

I am using both ESET Smart Security 4 and Ad-Aware Pro 8.2, but after recently upgrading from 8.1, the ad-aware live portion of the program (the one that remains in your systray) makes my computer slow down drastically. It sometimes gets to the point that I need to restart and disable the Ad-Aware service to prevent it from happening again. Is there some known compatability issue with ESET Smart Security 4 and Ad-Aware 8.2? They were both stable prior to upgrading to 8.2.

System specs.

Windows 7 64-bit
9GB RAM
Nvidia 260GTX
1TB HD

I looked at other related freezing threads, but I am not sure if my issues are related.

The other freezing threads involved an 8.2 bug while scanning, so this appears to be different. Sometimes real-time security programs compete for system resources, so it's a good idea to run only one. When I did this, my system became more responsive. You might want to turn off Ad-Watch Live in the advanced settings and use Ad-Aware as an on-demand scanner only.

Hi,

I too have noticed a slow down (not freezing though) on my Windows 7 machine running Ad-Aware Pro. I think this may be related to the Files component of Ad-Watch Live. Could you please try disabling this component and report back...

Cheers,

Casey

[quote name='LS thekim' post='117157' date='Feb 22 2010, 01:37 PM']This issue has been reported in our bug reporting system, bug #3511
A workaround for this is, as Casey says, to disable the Files Protection feature until we have resolved it.

/Kim - Lavasoft Support[/quote]