Sign in to follow this  
mmorr99@charter.net

AAW 8.2 Fix Failed

I just downloaded AAW 8.2 and the program immediately crashed and will not start.

We've been told that there's a fix available, and we should obtain it by clicking Web Update.

Nice theory. The trouble is, it's impossible to do a Web Update because the program won't start!

Is there any prospect of a fix that might actually correct the problem?

Last week I wasted several days of my limited computer time getting AAW to run properly. Lavasoft Support could not help at all, and it took days of posting back and forth in these forums to get the issue resolved.

Today I started AAW and got the message about the 8.2 upgrade. Of course, as we all know by now, 8.2 won't start. I went to Lavasoft Support, where it says they have 24/7 chat support, and there was no chat support available. I clicked the appropriate boxes and wrote a detailed e-mail to Lavasoft Support, and the e-mail was rejected. I came to this forum and say the information about the supposed fix, which requires a web update, which is not possible because the program will not start.

What is wrong with Lavasoft?!?!?! Don't they test anything before they release it? Haven't they got the sense to figure out that a fix for a program that won't start isn't any good if it can only be obtained after the program has started? Has Customer Support shut off chat and e-mail because they don't know what to tell anyone?

Last week I felt that the money I spend on my Ad Aware license was wasted. Now I feel like it was stolen! This program is nothing but garbage, and every update is worse than the last! I am getting really upset about how Lavasoft is not only taking my money for software that doesn't work, but is wasting my valuable time as well! They should be paying me, not me paying them!

i dont think its lavasoft

this happened with norton
vista and 7 got updated leaving xp behiend causing crashing

ummm there isa FREEE VERSION of adaware Edited by cootmaster

Never mind.

A reboot (actually, two reboots) set things right.

Now I have AAW 8.2 up and running.

It only took me two hours of messing around!

It would've been nice of they'd mentioned that the fix might work after a reboot.

Sorry to trouble you all,

and thanks for your comments.