Sign in to follow this  
jchriss

Version 8.2 is Very Nice, but One Bug Remains

I just hooked up Outlook, which I'd never used before, just to see the new email scanner do its thing. After I set up the email account, the first incoming email was promptly scanned by Ad-Aware, and it was very nice.

For those wondering whether Ad-Aware is still providing protection with this full scan issue yet to be resolved, I pretty regularly check my Ad-Aware Pro scan results with other systems I have available as backups. I have not had an object detected in over five months of use of Ad-Aware Pro (on my Lenovo Ideapad Y510 with Vista 32-bit operating system and also using Lavasoft Personal Firewall 3.0), and recently with this full scan issue yet resolved, I brought in some outside systems to double-check Ad-Aware's protection. I first used Prevx 3.0, and it came up with nothing. A few days after that I ran an A-Squared full scan. Again, no hits. So I am pretty confident the Ad-Aware protection is continuing as strong as ever even with this recent glitch on the version 8.2 update.

Overall I continue to remain pleased with Ad-Aware Pro. Of course, it would be nice for them to eliminate this final bug with the full scan dropping the number of objects scanned.

I received a new link for a cleaner download of Ad Aware. Apparently there were problems with the CNET download. Before using this download (which is sort of slow, you have to be patient), you must unistall the old version of Ad Aware completely, a so-called clean uninstall. I used Revo uninstaller, but you have to unclick the Ad Aware box near the end of the install when it says to restart your computer. Just uncheck it and keep using Revo on the highest level (advanced or 4th level), which will continue to search for registry items and other lingering features of Ad Aware. Then restart the computer and load Ad Aware from the following link:

I guess I cannot provide the link. If you have a paid version support will email it to you. Edited by jchriss