• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bilby

Un-installing 8.2 also un-installed Avira Antivir Desktop

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

This is really weird but after becoming sick and tired of the ongoing problems with 8.2 I un-installed it for the second time using Revo Uninstaller and the Lavasoft Un-installer. During the procedure however the Desktop component of my real Anti Virus program (Avira Antivir Premium) some how got tangled up in the un-install process and also got removed.

No idea how or why this could happen or be possible but while I am checking with the Revo people I hold Lavasoft 8.2 responsible for this mess.

So, anybody else out there considering removing 8.2 should be extra careful.

Back to 8.1.4 for me and now to reinstall Avira Antivir.

*&%$#@@*#

bilby :angry:

Did it wipe out Avira completely, or just an essential file required for Avira to run? I'm surprised since Revo has been used successfully. It's a bit suspicious since the antivirus component of Ad-Aware used to be Avira, but I'm not sure if it still is in the 8.2 version. Also, I'm not sure if Ad-Aware's antivirus components are installed initially or only after you register for Plus/Pro.

Hi,

No, it just removed the "desktop" component. I was able to fix this with an Avira re-install "repair". Did not know about the Avira / Ad-Aware Anti-Virus link .... makes one wonder.

My version of Ad-Aware in a licensed Pro version (now 8.1.4) and for Avira it is a licensed Premium version (9.0.0.457). I have been using both programs for, seems like centuries, but 8.2 is starting to give me that 2007/2008, pre Anniversary Edition, vibe. The reason I joined the forum in the first place on 2007.

Folks at Revo have been very quick and very good but have not been able to reproduce the problem yet. I have been using Revo Uninstaller for years and never had a problem with it before this 8.2 issue.

I put the blame on 8.2 and Lavasoft.

Thanks for the insight and info.

bilby

[quote name='visitor' post='117269' date='Feb 24 2010, 03:05 PM']Did it wipe out Avira completely, or just an essential file required for Avira to run? I'm surprised since Revo has been used successfully. It's a bit suspicious since the antivirus component of Ad-Aware used to be Avira, but I'm not sure if it still is in the 8.2 version. Also, I'm not sure if Ad-Aware's antivirus components are installed initially or only after you register for Plus/Pro.[/quote] Edited by bilby