Sign in to follow this  
LavaWeb

Notice to upgrade my version 8.0.8

Not sure where I am supposed to post this question. Windows XP professional, SP3 with Ad-Aware version 8.0.8 - think it's the Special Edition one? Getting the following notice:

[i]FREE update to Ad-Aware
Update to the newest version of Ad-Aware today! With power-packed advancements to our anti-malware technology, additional usability features for added control, and fresh community-based initiatives, Ad-Aware brings you the power you need in the struggle to stay safe and secure online.

The power is in your hands - update for FREE today!
Update later | Update now

Welcome Ad-Aware Free Anti-Malware users
CNET Download.com is the safe and trusted provider for Ad-Aware Free Anti-Malware 8.2[/i]

[b]Do I just download and run or....uninstall my current version first? Can I go from my version straight to this one?[/b]

Hi,

Couple of things to consider....

In theory, there should be no problem with "over-the-top" installations (i.e. let the new one remove the old one) - however, we do frequently see problems. Also, you should note that there are quite a few bugs with the new version which are yet to be fixed...

So you may want to hold off updating just yet...

Casey

@Casey - thanks! I see that, about the issues, as I read through the posts here. Will be waiting! Do you know if they are still making updates for my current version...the 8.0.8? I run the web update every week or so and something is being downloaded.

[quote name='casey_boy' post='117536' date='Mar 2 2010, 03:15 AM']Definition updates...yes. But as for program updates - then I doubt it.

Casey[/quote]

Thanks!

Hello, LavaWeb:

I posted, yesterday, in the AE forum, about the Web Update function push-installing Ad-Aware Version 8.1.3 over my then current 8.0.8 version. I don't know why Lavasoft decided to do this, especially since I had decided to wait for some bugs to be worked out of 8.1 and 8.2. But, just so you know, this happened to me, yesterday. While the "About" section lists my client as version 8.1.3, the GUI is still branded as the "Anniversary Edition." Did anyone else receive version 8.1.3 over their 8.0.8, yesterday or recently?

Thanks to anyone for any additional information or input.

[quote name='Voltron' post='117557' date='Mar 2 2010, 11:20 AM']While the "About" section lists my client as version 8.1.3, the GUI is still branded as the "Anniversary Edition." Did anyone else receive version 8.1.3 over their 8.0.8, yesterday or recently?[/quote]
Discussion continues here:

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28791"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28791[/url]