Sign in to follow this  
dbman63

8.2 Continues to Have Scanning Issue

I've tried several uninstall/reinstalls using Revo, tried the scan in versions 8.1.2, 8.1.4 and 8.2, fully booted and in safe mode, and scanning still crashes the application. I've had lots of headaches performing the uninstall/reinstall procedures as well, such as a new problem with the Visual C++ Runtime.

After closing and restarting Adaware after the crash, it exhibits:

"Ad-Aware was shut down unexpectedly and has generated an error report.
By sending the error report to Lavasoft you can help us identify the problem and fix it. Click ok to send the report (no other information will be sent) or cancel if you prefer not to send it."

I am a paying customer who is VERY close to requesting a refund for the license on BOTH of my machines. I have better ways of spending my time.

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28652&view=findpost&p=117572"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...st&p=117572[/url] Edited by visitor
Added link to other post for reference to procedures already taken

Hi,

Your best option is just to wait until Lavasoft release a software update for these sort of bugs. If this doesn't fix it then contact Lavasoft again.

Casey

[quote name='casey_boy' post='117591' date='Mar 3 2010, 05:33 AM']Hi,

Your best option is just to wait until Lavasoft release a software update for these sort of bugs. If this doesn't fix it then contact Lavasoft again.

Casey[/quote]

GMER log file contents:

GMER 1.0.15.15281 - [url="http://www.gmer.net"]http://www.gmer.net[/url]
Rootkit scan 2010-03-03 15:30:25
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\Users\Mom\AppData\Local\Temp\awecrkow.sys

---- User code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Family Safety\fsssvc.exe[1208] ADVAPI32.dll!RegOpenKeyExA 75DA7C42 5 Bytes JMP 0058237E C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Family Safety\fsssvc.exe (Windows Live Family Safety Service/Microsoft Corporation)

---- User IAT/EAT - GMER 1.0.15 ----

IAT C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE[2556] @ C:\Windows\system32\ole32.dll [msvcrt.dll!free] [6D46F3FB] C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcSpecfc.DLL (Windows Compatibility DLL/Microsoft Corporation)

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Tcp Lbd.sys (Boot Driver/Lavasoft AB)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume1 fvevol.sys (BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume2 fvevol.sys (BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume3 fvevol.sys (BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver/Microsoft Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume4 fvevol.sys (BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver/Microsoft Corporation)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

[quote name='casey_boy' post='117591' date='Mar 3 2010, 05:33 AM']Hi,

Casey[/quote]

Casey,

I know you're just a volunteer, but...

Paying customers don't want to wait until there is a patch for version 8.2. Paying customers demand personal, prompt service or they take their business elsewhere.

I've sent another email and we'll see how Lavasoft responds. I like the product (when it worked) but there are LOTS of alternate products to protect against viruses and spyware.

Thanks,
db

I just applied version 8.2.2 and thank God I was able to complete a full disk scan! It did find malware, but I've no idea if that was part of the original problem or not.

Since the scanning issue is resolved, I'll close this thread now. If you need it reopened, PM a moderator. For any other issues, start a new topic.