Sign in to follow this  
rlvanwyk

another laptop problem

Hi, I have a friends laptop and they have McAfee & Norton -- all of which will not run. I have installed Superantispyware, but it won't run also. I tried to run HiJackthis, but it won't run either. It keeps getting a error from Security Tool, according to what I have found/seen, is that Security Tool is also a Virus. And there are manually fixes, but can't get into regedit either, to delete entries and can't get into Documents and Settings (access denied) or to install Malwarebytes, but it also won't install/run.

How do I kill it?

Let me know.

Thanks

I have gotten Malwarebytes install, by going into safe mode and then running it, removed Security Tool. I am now running (after reboot) Norton, McAfee, Superantispyware, and Malwarebytes again. So I might be ok, assuming all of these work/run and fix items, unless you have other tools that might be better. Edited by visitor
merged posts to keep 0 replies

Hey [b]rlvanwyk[/b],

Welcome to [color="#0000FF"][b]Lavasoft Support Forum[/b][/color]! I'm [b]Ltangelic[/b] and I'll be helping you fix your computer problem. Sorry for the long wait, we have very limited number of staff here, and it can take a while before someone replies to your thread. Thanks for your patience in waiting. :angry:

Meanwhile, please do the following:

Please download [url="http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr"][b]DDS[/b][/url] and save it to your desktop.[list]
[*]Disable any script blocking protection
[*] Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
[*]When done, DDS.txt will open.
[*]Click [b]Yes[/b] at the next prompt for [b]Optional Scan[/b].
[*]Save both reports to your desktop.
[/list]

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank You !