Sign in to follow this  
marianeas

Ad-Aware 8.2

Hello,

Any idea when 8.2 will be updated? I went back to 8.1.4. When I update using 8.1.4, I get the flash screen to update to the new version, but I'm not interested in updating until 8.2 is fixed. Hopefully 8.2.1 is forthcoming soon, and fixes everything gone wrong in 8.2.

Thank you,
'LizBeth

Lavasoft said they'd announce any updates in their support blog:

[url="http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/blog/"]http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/blog/[/url]

[quote name='visitor' post='117663' date='Mar 5 2010, 06:35 AM']Lavasoft said they'd announce any updates in their support blog:

[url="http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/blog/"]http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/blog/[/url][/quote]

OK, I look at that and I'm confused. The blog says they've [i]already[/i] issued an update to v8.2, q.v.:-

[quote name='Lavasoft Blog' date='Feb 19 2010']Lavasoft’s developers prioritized this issue in order to promptly resolve it, and a software update to fix the issue has now been released.[/quote]
Odd, as I updated [i]after[/i] 19 Feb and my system went into meltdown. Looks like Lavasoft marketing and support departments aren't communicating. Is the blog fibbing or has a patch to v8.2 been issued. If so how do we obtain it?

Thank you for the link, visitor.

I read this, and like you mwra, I updated [i]after[/i] Feb 19th, and still had problems. That's when I decided to stay with 8.1.4 for now . . .

'LizBeth

Sorry, I meant to keep an eye out for any newer posts. They first released 8.2 on Feb 16 which resulted in an onlslaught of posts here, followed by a quick fix on Feb 19, but still other bugs exist.

Having worked at an engineering firm, I know marketing, development, and support can be at odds with one another. From a PR standpoint, you want to publish good news, but then there are technical glitches. Ad-Aware Free users are stuck in limbo since they don't have the ear of Lavasoft Customer Support.

[quote name='visitor' post='117722' date='Mar 6 2010, 04:14 AM']Sorry, I meant to keep an eye out for any newer posts. They first released 8.2 on Feb 16 which resulted in an onlslaught of posts here, followed by a quick fix on Feb 19, but still other bugs exist.

Having worked at an engineering firm, I know marketing, development, and support can be at odds with one another. From a PR standpoint, you want to publish good news, but then there are technical glitches. Ad-Aware Free users are stuck in limbo since they don't have the ear of Lavasoft Customer Support.[/quote]

Paid users don't have the ear of Lavasoft Customer Support either. After updating to 8.1 it was taking over a minute to load ad-aware on my compaq presario AMD processor 3000 running windows xp with 2GB of ram. These people ignored this problem for over 2 months because it was loading faster on newer machines and not enough people were complaining about slow loading. I got so fed up that I am NOT renewing my subscription. I sent several messages to them and they ignored them all but about 2 and the ones they did respond to they only said loading other software might make it slow. I tried to point out that the AE edition loaded in about 20 seconds so what was the difference. So if anyone is thinking of paying for ad-aware they better reconsider. Just my opinion.

[quote name='lh35959' post='117807' date='Mar 8 2010, 04:11 PM']I tried to point out that the AE edition loaded in about 20 seconds so what was the difference.[/quote]
That's why I still use AE ;) I don't like to update software unless absolutely necessary. I used SE until the def updates stopped, and may do the same with AE.