Sign in to follow this  
dana1007

Ad-Aware Installation Running Too Long

I am trying to install the Ad-Aware product I bought and downloaded just today.
The installation program seemed to start up normally, then I got a screen that says "The program is being configured. This may take several minutes."

Well, at this point it's been like that for over TWO HOURS and it really doesn't seem like this can be correct. The disk indicator light keeps flashing, so SOMEthing is happening, but it looks to me like the program is stuck in an infinite loop or something.

Does anyone know anything about this? Should I abort the installation program and try it again?

Is there some system setting or situation that could cause this?

Hi,

As a paying customer you are entitled to support from the Lavasoft Support Team. You can contact them through the support center (link in signature).

Casey

I did finally manage to get the installation to work by installing only the first component of the product.

Then after THAT was installed, everything I did took several minutes. Click on email, several minutes until it comes up. Click on ANYthing, several minutes until it comes up.

After about an hour, I finally managed to bring up the Control Panel and then Add/Remove Programs.

I am happy to report that I have successfully uninstalled Ad-Aware and now my computer WORKS again.

Of course, the task of removing money from my bank account to pay for this "product" worked superbly.

IT WILL BE A [b]VERY[/b] COLD DAY IN HELL WHEN I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH LAVASOFT AGAIN.

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help :(

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you !