• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voltron

12/31/1969 Latest Event in Ad-Watch Live & Network Protection Module is Listed As "On"

3 posts in this topic

I just completed a clean install of Ad-Aware Plus 8.2.1 and on the main GUI, under the Ad-Watch Live Latest Event, the date of 12/31/1969 is displayed. There are no details to this reference anywhere else throughout the Ad-Aware GUI. Once you have your first authentic Ad-Watch event, however, the reference to this date disappears and is replaced by the authentic Ad-Watch event. Also, as with earlier versions of Ad-Aware 8.x, before Lavasoft fixed this particular bug, although this is Ad-Aware Plus, the Network Protection module is listed as "On," although, it is not, since it is only Ad-Aware [i]Plus[/i] and not Ad-Aware [i]Pro[/i].

Thank you.

I guess the 1969 default date is necessary to avoid an empty field. As for Plus showing Network Protection on, there was a similar problem with 8.2.0 Pro, after initial install, showing Files Protection off while settings were on. Once updated and restarted, the GUI displayed correctly. Does Plus 8.2.1 still show Network Protection after update/restart?

Hello, visitor:

I just updated Ad-Aware 8.2.1 and restarted the system and yes, the Network Protection module is still displaying that it is "On." I guess we'll wait for an update to fix this GUI bug. Thanks.