Sign in to follow this  
voltron

"Applying Updates" During Web Update

Hello:

Having just installed 8.2.1, yesterday, I am continuing to feel my way around this new version. Today, for the second time, when I conducted a Web Update, I noticed the customary definitions were downloaded. Then, I noticed several "updates," indicated by "CSC39-EN-xxx.xxx.sbr.sgn." Having just installed this version, I am curious to know if this is now customary when updating version 8.2.1 or is this Lavasoft updating and patching this client, since they are still trying to work the bugs out. When the Web Update application indicates that it is applying these updates, it takes longer than simply installing the customary definitions; so, I am curious to know if this is part of the new anti-virus engine or if it is actually updating the client, itself, although, my client still shows that it is version 8.2.1.

Thank you.

Those are anti-virus engine "extended definitions." In the update.log you'll see:

Extended definition: current version is xxxx and latest is yyyy.

Extended definition: applying: [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Update\CSC39-EN-xxxx-yyyy-I.sbr.sgn]

Extended definition: update applied successfully: [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Update\CSC39-EN-xxxx-yyyy-I.sbr.sgn] yyyy