• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Shale

Another antivirus blocking Ad-Aware's file protection? Where?

I just upgraded to Ad-Aware Plus, and I'm trying to turn on its antivirus function, but it keeps telling me there's another antivirus installed that would interfere with it. I had ClamWin installed, but I removed it when I upgraded. I have no idea what else it might be talking about. Is there some way to make it tell me what's blocking it?

At the moment the only thing that i can think of is did you reboot the computer after uninstall of clamwin just before you tried to install Ad-Aware? It may have left things running that are not completely removed until the computer is rebooted. I just looked at clamwin and it is an on demand scanner only and has no real time protection so it should not interfere with Ad-Aware at all. There must be something else running that is causing this.

Since you are now a paying customer you can contact Lavasoft Support Center for help, the link is in my signature below.