• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plugusmaximus

Ad-Aware - How do I remove the email scanner! It's awful!

5 posts in this topic

Well the new update of Ad-ware is worse than any virus I have ever had. My Outlook is slow to the point of agony. I hate this scanner and have no need for it. I have closed Ad-aware down but it's still runing and causing huge problems and unnecessary delays.

I either want to remove the scanner completely so it no longer affects my Outlook 2007 EVER again (ie. I don't want the hassle of trying to deinstall it everytime I get an update from Lavasoft) or I shall remove the application entirely.

[b]Can anyone help me or advise how I remove this element of the program?[/b]

It's a very poor performing update.

Thanks for any help. Edited by Plugus Maximus

I think you are having the same problem as I have. The scanner scans every email and is a serious pain! I want to disable this email scanner!

You can enable/disable from Ad-Aware GUI under Extras section.

Also it can be removed by opening Control Panel then open Add Remove Programs and select the Ad-Aware Email Scanner for Outlook.

cressy

[quote name='cressy' post='119147' date='Apr 20 2010, 09:31 PM']You can enable/disable from Ad-Aware GUI under Extras section.

Also it can be removed by opening Control Panel then open Add Remove Programs and select the Ad-Aware Email Scanner for Outlook.

cressy[/quote]

Oh I didn't realise it was a seperate prog! Good stuff - cheers Cressy! :P

[quote name='cressy' post='119147' date='Apr 21 2010, 06:31 AM']You can enable/disable from Ad-Aware GUI under Extras section.

cressy[/quote]

I disabled mine through the "Extras" tab on the main AAW screen.

Reason: Everytime I started to download emails to Outlook, Outlook terminated completely. To get it going again, had to wait due to MS message "Outlook closed abnormally, scanning Personal Folder file for problems" which takes ages to get back to Outlook, then repeat the whole process again ! I wasted a whole afternoon dreading that my Outlook pst file must be corrupted, before looking though Outlook Add-ins and saw the AAW Email Scanner listed there - disabled it, and Outlook now works perfectly.

For extra safety, also disabled it in the AAW "Extras" tab.

I can do without add-ins like this. Clearly there are a lot of problems with it.