Sign in to follow this  
man_musk

When Installing 8.2

[size=7][size=5]Hello can anyone help and tell me why it is when i install the Free Anniversary Edition of Ad Aware my Microsoft Outlook 2000 fails to open and comes up with an ENCOUNTERED AND ERROR AND WILL BE SHUT DOWN.[/size][/size][color="#00FF00"][/color]

[quote name='visitor' post='119785' date='May 27 2010, 10:19 PM']Click the "About" button on the Ad-Aware GUI and post which version you're using.[/quote]

[color="#FF00FF"][size=5]Hi, i am not using it due to the problem its causing, but the one i downloaded and was about to use was the ad-aware free anti-malware 8.2

the following below is the url:

[url="http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Free-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5"]http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Free-Ant...dl&tag=top5[/url][/size][/color]

OK, I'm going to move this topic from the Anniversary Edition (8.0.x) forum to the 8.2 Users forum.

The email scanner in 8.2 was designed for Outlook 2003 and later. You should disable the email scanner in the Ad-Aware settings and also in Outlook add-ons. Also, if the email scanner appears in add/remove programs, uninstall it.

Since the email scanner still gives problems with Outlook 2003 and later, Lavasoft told us they plan on discontinuing this feature, but did not give an ETA when they're releasing a version without the email scanner.

[quote name='visitor' post='119799' date='May 28 2010, 06:54 AM']OK, I'm going to move this topic from the Anniversary Edition (8.0.x) forum to the 8.2 Users forum.

The email scanner in 8.2 was designed for Outlook 2003 and later. You should disable the email scanner in the Ad-Aware settings and also in Outlook add-ons. Also, if the email scanner appears in add/remove programs, uninstall it.

Since the email scanner still gives problems with Outlook 2003 and later, Lavasoft told us they plan on discontinuing this feature, but did not give an ETA when they're releasing a version without the email scanner.[/quote]

[color="#4169E1"][size=6]Thank you very much, i uninstalled the scanner from add/remove programs and now i don't get the problem mentioned above.[/size][/color] Edited by man_musk

Glad to hear you worked it out. I'll close this thread now since the issue is resolved. If you need it reopened, PM a moderator or start a new thread :D