Sign in to follow this  
tarotfluff

Adawre 8 update problem

Recommended Posts

I have been running Adaware 8.1 for some time. It popped up a few days ago (I'd been away for a month) that a new version was available.
Great. I clicked on "oooh go on then" and downloaded a 92MB file from the link provided.

I ran it, rebooted as instructed and it said I now had version 8.1.4 (This was a few days ago.) EVERY time I start it up now, I get the new version available popup.

The first time I went for it (well, you never know....) but every time I am offered the same version to download. Why is this happening and how can I stop it ? I note that some people say they are running 8.2 - but the site my adaware takes me to doesn't download that..... though it is the site my adaware programme sends me to... Very odd. I've been to four mirror sites now (just trying another) and every last one says it is offering 8.2 - and every last one, when I download and check the version, the end result is - 8.1.4 in the "about" box..... Edited by tarotfluff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It sounds like 8.2.3 doesn't install over the top of 8.1.4. You may even have a folder for both versions in the Lavasoft program files folder and in add/remove programs (8.2 was substantially different with new features). Try uninstalling using Revo Free Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com) set on the highest setting, and let it clean up remnants after the initial uninstall. Then, when installing 8.2 [b][i]do not[/i][/b] install the email scanner if given the option - it doesn't work right and Lavasoft plans on discontinuing the feature later. If it doesn't give you the option, or installs anyways, turn off the email scanner in the Ad-Aware settings and Outlook add-ons, and uninstall the email scanner in add/remove programs. Edited by visitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this