Sign in to follow this  
thealbturkey

8.2.5 no cookies found

[quote name='Whateveruwant' post='120539' date='Jun 26 2010, 08:28 AM']Why doesn't Ad-Aware 8.2.5 detect any tracking cookies?[/quote]
My ad aware has suddenly stopped finding tracking cookies as well, what is up??? I know they are there, why cant it find them?

[quote name='alstaxi' post='120559' date='Jun 28 2010, 12:38 AM']My ad aware has suddenly stopped finding tracking cookies as well, what is up??? I know they are there, why cant it find them?[/quote]

I've been complaining about the same matter of not finding any tracking cookies when I know they are there. It seems Lavasoft is ignoring this problem, as I've repeatedly brought this up previously. Nothing seems to being done to correct this. Wake up LS!

Update from Lavasoft:

[quote]An issue relating to cookies being saved in different locations depending on Browser and Ad-Aware not completing cookie detection will be addressed shortly in a web-update.[/quote]

[quote name='Whateveruwant' post='120567' date='Jun 28 2010, 03:00 AM']I've been complaining about the same matter of not finding any tracking cookies when I know they are there. It seems Lavasoft is ignoring this problem, as I've repeatedly brought this up previously. Nothing seems to being done to correct this. Wake up LS![/quote]

Hooray! Tracking cookies problem fixed in software update 8.2.6. Thank you Lavasoft. Ad-Aware just detected 262 tracking cookies after a long absence.

News: 8.2.6 Update to Ad-Aware
Software update 8.2.6 was released today. June 29, 2010

It includes:

A fix for a bug affecting detection of cookies
When scanning for cookies, the bug caused the cookie scanner to stop before looking through all locations where cookies are stored. The bug affected only cookie detection, and it only occurred on some systems.

[quote name='Whateveruwant' post='120594' date='Jun 29 2010, 12:15 PM']Hooray! Tracking cookies problem fixed in software update 8.2.6. Thank you Lavasoft. Ad-Aware just detected 262 tracking cookies after a long absence.

News: 8.2.6 Update to Ad-Aware
Software update 8.2.6 was released today. June 29, 2010

It includes:

A fix for a bug affecting detection of cookies
When scanning for cookies, the bug caused the cookie scanner to stop before looking through all locations where cookies are stored. The bug affected only cookie detection, and it only occurred on some systems.[/quote]

A-A 8.2.6 + def's 149.305 works for me, also. Thanks, folks!

Glad to hear it, thanks for posting the news. I'll close this thread now, if it needs to be reopened, PM me or any valued member B)