Adaware after scan says unknown

When i use a quick scan ich shows
Familie: Unknown
kategorie: Unknown
Anzahl 1
Tai 1

This is now a lot of Days.

What should i do now?

Choose to ignore, quarantine, or delete the file then press "perform action now." Threat Assessment Index (TAI) is between 1 and 10, so TAI 1 is relatively harmless. Still, I would quarantine and not delete since then you can retrieve the file if necessary.

[quote name='visitor' post='120481' date='Jun 22 2010, 11:48 PM']Choose to ignore, quarantine, or delete the file then press "perform action now." Threat Assessment Index (TAI) is between 1 and 10, so TAI 1 is relatively harmless. Still, I would quarantine and not delete since then you can retrieve the file if necessary.[/quote]

Cant change to delete oder quarantine
Only recomendat runs.
It says than sussesfull
After the next scan its the same
"unknown"

Scan in advanced mode (bottom left corner). That gives you the option to quarantine or delete. Simple mode scans only allow the recommended action.

[quote name='visitor' post='120497' date='Jun 23 2010, 12:28 PM']Scan in advanced mode (bottom left corner). That gives you the option to quarantine or delete. Simple mode scans only allow the recommended action.[/quote]

Iàm in advanced Modus.
But when i choose delete or Quarantine this Screen appears.
no Change allowed

Maybe it will work if you boot to Safe Mode before running Ad-Aware?

If not, check your log files to see if you can find the name and location of the file detected:

XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Vista and 7
C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

[quote name='visitor' post='120532' date='Jun 25 2010, 11:52 AM']Maybe it will work if you boot to Safe Mode before running Ad-Aware?

If not, check your log files to see if you can find the name and location of the file detected:

XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Vista and 7
C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log[/quote]

I uploaded the Log File !
i cant find the Problem!
Maybe you !

I will test it in safe mode:

In Safe Mode startet Adaware.

After Scan 1 File detectet.
No delete possible

Its the same as win7 in normal mode Edited by Mongoo

[quote name='Mongoo' post='120552' date='Jun 27 2010, 03:37 AM']I uploaded the Log File !
i cant find the Problem!
Maybe you ![/quote]
Similar problem.
Using updated 'Free' version and 'scan results' Family/Category 'unknown', and no file name available.
Checked all logs but no file name.
How to get 'unknown' problem(?) file name ?

Usually the file pathway is given in the log under "Description." But in this case, it's only unknown. I've opened a topic for Lavasoft, let's see if they have anything to say.

[quote name='Mongoo' post='120570' date='Jun 28 2010, 08:20 AM']Can you show me the link?[/quote]
I could, but it's in a section viewable only by moderators and admin so all you'll get is a board error message saying you don't have permission to view it. Here's what I posted:

[u]Description: none Family Name: unknown[/u]
Users report no action can be taken, even in advanced mode. Log shows item is ignored automatically and no file pathway is given in log description.

[quote name='visitor' post='120585' date='Jun 28 2010, 11:39 PM']I could, but it's in a section viewable only by moderators and admin so all you'll get is a board error message saying you don't have permission to view it. Here's what I posted:
[u]Description: none Family Name: unknown[/u]
Users report no action can be taken, even in advanced mode. Log shows item is ignored automatically and no file pathway is given in log description.[/quote]
Thanks much for elevating the question.
Will they have a link to this topic as well ?

[quote name='akm' post='120601' date='Jun 29 2010, 10:13 PM']Will they have a link to this topic as well?[/quote]
Yes, I always include link(s) to the board topic(s) with my description.

No, Lavasoft hasn't responded. Probably won't since they just released version 8.3. If the problem carries over, I'll update the info to let them know. Let me know if you upgrade to 8.3 and have the same results.

[quote name='visitor' post='120807' date='Jul 8 2010, 11:17 AM']No, Lavasoft hasn't responded. Probably won't since they just released version 8.3. If the problem carries over, I'll update the info to let them know. Let me know if you upgrade to 8.3 and have the same results.[/quote]

With 8.3 its totaly the same !