Sign in to follow this  
jchriss

Ad Aware Total Security

I didn't see a Total Security Discussion section, so I am posting here.

I downloaded a trial of the product today, and I have a few comments.

First of all, it simply looks great. It is a big improvement over the presentation of standard Ad Aware. Plus, the user interface can be enlarged, so that is a real plus.

As great as it looked, though, I had instant problems with very slow internet connection once it was installed. I disabled the firewall, and sure enough, that did it. It went back to normal. Seems there may be some problems with the factory or default security settings with the firewall. I have not had enough time to fiddle with the settings, so for right now the firewall is off.

Anyway, this looks like a very promising new product for Lavasot. Oh, the initial download and installation took quite a bit of time. I have a very new computer running Windows 7 OS, and it took over 12 minutes to download. However, the installation was actually pretty quick. It also required a reboot.

If anyone has any further info on firewall settings re the problem I mentioned, I would be grateful for the feedback.

[quote name='jchriss' post='120785' date='Jul 8 2010, 12:50 AM']I didn't see a Total Security Discussion section, so I am posting here.

I downloaded a trial of the product today, and I have a few comments.

First of all, it simply looks great. It is a big improvement over the presentation of standard Ad Aware. Plus, the user interface can be enlarged, so that is a real plus.

As great as it looked, though, I had instant problems with very slow internet connection once it was installed. I disabled the firewall, and sure enough, that did it. It went back to normal. Seems there may be some problems with the factory or default security settings with the firewall. I have not had enough time to fiddle with the settings, so for right now the firewall is off.

Anyway, this looks like a very promising new product for Lavasot. Oh, the initial download and installation took quite a bit of time. I have a very new computer running Windows 7 OS, and it took over 12 minutes to download. However, the installation was actually pretty quick. It also required a reboot.

If anyone has any further info on firewall settings re the problem I mentioned, I would be grateful for the feedback.[/quote]
haha.I'm also looking forward to it. I hope the section will appear soon!

I doubt there will be a separate forum for Total Security. They've never set it up for trial versions, and paid users get Lavasoft Customer Support. They set up this forum mainly for free users. Chances are, they'll just change the title of this forum from 8.2 users forum to 8.3 - that's what they did for 8.1 and 8.2.