Sign in to follow this  
RHawk555

Ad-Aware anti-virus

Version 8.3.0 of free Ad-Aware, in the banner, shows Anti-Virus+etc. Is there really an anti-virus utility and will it conflict with another anti-virus program (iolo System Mechanic Pro) that I'm using?

I'd also like to know whether this version of Ad-Aware Free will conflict with McAfee Internet Security. Having paid for a two year subscription to McAfee, I don't want to remove that from my PC. Equally, I don't want to stop using Ad-Aware Free.

[quote name='pcguardian' post='120832' date='Jul 9 2010, 05:34 AM']I'd also like to know whether this version of Ad-Aware Free will conflict with McAfee Internet Security. Having paid for a two year subscription to McAfee, I don't want to remove that from my PC. Equally, I don't want to stop using Ad-Aware Free.[/quote]

I went into settings and deselected the anti-virus engine check box. I have Norton Internet Security 2010 on PC and I don't want any conflicts.

i use norton
can u have both? also Edited by cootmaster

Best thing is to run only 1 real-time protection program, so if desired like Newfan, you can turn off Ad-Aware anti-virus in the advanced mode settings. I think it's a bit too early to tell which programs cause conflicts, but Ad-Aware 8.2 used to turn off the Ad-Watch files protection automatically when it detected another anti-virus program. Not sure if they incorporated this into the new version.

Newfan and Visitor - Thank you both very much for your comments. I was hoping that it might be possible to disable Ad-Aware's anti-virus programme. Will now download the new version and give it a go. Thanks, again, for your help.