Sign in to follow this  
macko1944

Ad Aware Free Internet Security 8.3

Was prompted to download the newest version mentioned in the title.I did,but after download a small square appeared with "english"showing and other possible language choices,but THE SCRIPT WAS TURKISH(I believe).So i didn't cllick on what I didn't understand,thus the whole download was unsuccessful.
ALSO:can I disconnect the antivirus???9In case of a successful download).I already have a good one on my computer and WANT TO KEEP IT.And is there no conflict with firewalls and other existing security systems?I am not knowledgable to know this.Can anyone help?
Many thanks. :unsure:

[size=3][font="Comic Sans MS"]Same here. Was prompted by Cnet TechTracker and by my current version. Have downloaded from Download.com, FileHippo.com and MajorGeeks. My first download attempt was on the 7th July and the last download attempt from MajorGeeks was an 9th July, an hour ago. All attempt to then install/run have the same problem. The installation wizard verify's in English but it's next screen is not in English as normal and i don't recognise the logo.

So two questions:

1) When will you sort this Language issue out?

2) Why have you not posted an advisory to say you are aware of this issue and what if any action you have instigated?[/font][/size]

The language issue has been reported to Lavasoft as of the release of 8.3 on Wed July 7.

You should be able to turn off the anti-virus in the advanced mode settings.

[quote name='LS Jeffery' post='120883' date='Jul 9 2010, 02:39 AM']We already have a fix for this issue, and we will issue a new installer with the bug fix hopefully next week. After we have tested it.

However, I am unable to produce the error where it installs in Turkish as well...

Regards,
Jeff - Lavasoft[/quote]

As stated yesterday I have the same issue with the download instructions being in some other language (Turkish I think someone said). This issue occurred on my desktop which has Windows Vista as an OS. When I downloaded the same new version to my laptop, which has Windows XP as an OS, there was no problem. No language issue at all. In fact, after I ran the new version on my laptop.......it found a Trojan which I then removed. Thanks Ad-Aware! You're still awesome to me!!!

On July 8th I tried to install the new Internet Security 8.3.All went well until after the wizard check,a box appeared with "English"in the middle,but the script and the two choices to click on were IN TURKISH(Ibelieve).I received notice from Lavasoft,that this problem has been eradicated.NOT SO!!Today(July 12)THE SAME THING HAPPENED.What is going on??After successfully downloading some 120 Mb-s,one is frustrated at the end by this unusual problem.All the while,every time I use the "old"Ad-Aware(which is once a day usually),I am prompted to download the new version.Does anyone have a solution?Really this time.Or suggestion as to which box to click on in this Turkish script-whatever it is.(Looks like it is about languages,because there are other possibilities than English in that box.
Thanks v.much. B)

I had the exact same problem when i was installing this on a Clients System what i done was, i hit one, if it canceled it, then i hit the alternate choice and it worked, just too let you know the Program is in English when installed and that is the only thing in the entire install not in English from what i can remember.

Macko1944, I merged your new post with the old one.

[quote name='macko1944' post='121013' date='Jul 12 2010, 04:53 AM']I received notice from Lavasoft,that this problem has been eradicated.NOT SO!!Today(July 12)THE SAME THING HAPPENED.[/quote]
Did Lavasoft contact you directly, or are you talking about my quote from them above? Lavasoft's quote was on Friday July 9 and says they hope to release the fix this week. They don't work weekends, and today is Monday July 12, so I doubt they've released the fix.

Also, Computer Wizard confirms what Lavasoft said - the installer is the only thing affected. If you get it to install, the program is in English.

I am still reluctant to click on a box that is in Turkish and I have no idea what it says.
And I understood from a previous direct communication from Lavasoft,that this issue has been solved.Obviously it is my mistake.But it would be nice to know when and how one will be warned about the solution in existence already. :unsure:

Unfortunately, they don't often give us firm dates for updated versions. Many times, I find out about it here in the forums before Lavasoft posts the update in their blog. The direct communication you got from Lavasoft may be more current than what I got, but may also be miscommunication between their developers and customer support depending on who it was that contacted you. For sure, I'll post any new info here when I get it.

Update: fix for the installer language:

[quote name='LS linuxcity' post='121109' date='Jul 14 2010, 02:19 AM']Hello Guys,

We have just released a new installer to fix this issue. Please use the new installer instead, thanks!

Regards,
Zhe[/quote]

[quote name='visitor' post='121124' date='Jul 14 2010, 03:07 PM']Update: fix for the installer language:[/quote]
[size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][/size]

[size="5"][/size][color="#9932CC"][/color] Well it's 17:05 British Summer Time, (that's GMT+1) and i tried to download and install from Download.com and still got Turkish or whatever it is.

I assume it will come to CNET but they are usually ahead of the game not hours behind. Maybe the're all off watching some live sport. The Tour De France is particulairly gripping today, The Gap Stage. Spoiler: USA Team takes the Stage Win.

Funny, when i thought here it comes instead of being happy i just started worrying about all the other issues i've half noticed here, like the new Anti Virus and how you sort it with your existing Anti Virus. All fun ahead i think. Fun, NOT.

ps If this doesn't come out size 5 Comic sans ms in colour, something is wrong here. But don't ask me i'm not an expert. :unsure:

this may be the last time i am trying to download this new version.Every time,after wizard check download,Turkish script appears and invites to click on whatever it is(2 choices).This i will not do-in Turkish.
Your own box directs to CNET Downloads and this is what happens.
Infuriating-to say the least.Especially after this is the second time I was prompted on my e-mail that the above issue has been solved.NO-IT HAS NOT BEEN,please take note!!!
Thanks. :angry:

After being prompted in my e-mail,that the Turkish script problem is solved,I tried downloading AGAIN,but still NO SUCCESS,after the wizard,comes Turkish.I am reluctant to try downloading the 5th time(or 4th,I lost count).THE LANGUAGE PROBLEM DEFINITELY PERSISTS(trying the download from CNET). :angry:

This could be a issue with CNET not updating there download after Lavasoft had applied the fix.

[size=5][font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][/size][color="#0000FF"][/color]

Well finally, all downloaded in English. No anti virus issue, you have to opt in. So, so far so good. Thanks for an excellent FREE product, Lavasoft.

Visitor - If you see this will you please post a link for the correct Forum and Topic to ask questions about the set up options, the installed version settings, what terms are defined as, and what action one should, or should not be taking with Quarantined items?

[quote name='edgbaston' post='121201' date='Jul 15 2010, 04:10 PM']Visitor - If you see this will you please post a link for the correct Forum and Topic to ask questions about the set up options, the installed version settings, what terms are defined as, and what action one should, or should not be taking with Quarantined items?[/quote]
Same forum we're in now, the version 8 users forum:

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=176"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=176[/url]

Now that the language issue is resolved, I'll close this topic now. If it needs to be reopened, PM me or any moderator. Edited by visitor