Sign in to follow this  
victorh2007

Lavasoft Antivirus signatures

[font="Verdana"]I'd like to know what are the antivirus signatures origin used for each version of Lavasof free, Pro and Total? Is it GData signatures for all of them? Thanks for the reply. [/font]

Did this change with the new version 8.3? In prior versions, I thought it was Avira antivirus and Sunbelt rootkit detection. Even though the free version did not have antivirus, it was installed, but unlocked with the serial number for Plus/Pro.

Also, where do you find such info? Lavasoft is tight-lipped about it here, so I've just gathered what I could from seeing logs, e.g. unpacking prior definitions, the file names looked the same as Avira definition files.

it was more hear say, it was from a work colleague who and like myself tests typical security solutions for when we get called to secure and remove malware from infected systems, he was asked to test the new release to test how it was and he said " the application uses G Data for paid and sunbelt vipre for free, so they will act the same as the G data and sunbelt application itself " but it could be wrong, I'm not 100%

Hello fellow A-A fans,

Look up the recent reviews from PC Mag on A-A Total Security and A-A Pro. It's no secret A-A Total Security, at least as of now, is based more on G-Data while Pro and Free are based on Sunbelt Vipre. I have some proof on A-A Pro being based on Vipre coz when I uploaded flagged suspicious files to Virus Total only the Vipre engine had the same result as A-A. I don't think it's a big secret of Lavasoft and G-Data, Vipre plus Lavasofts own technology added together is not bad, its just like paying for 3 technologies for just 1. It's US, the end user who wins.

Hope this ends your wondering :angry: