Sign in to follow this  
CG.

Ad Ware Version 8.3 upgrade issue

When I decided to do an update today with my 8.2 version it said there was a SW upgrade, so I decided to upgrade now, then it proceeded to uninstall my latest version, then asked to reboot once done, once rebooted I wait to see if the program was going to finish indtalling and nothing. Then I decided to click on the 8.3 upgrade again to instal, it gets 3/4 of the way then stops the instal with this error message, image attached Edited by CG.

I always wonder why Lavasoft support recommends using Revo Uninstaller to remove prior versions before a new installation, yet the developers incorporate an "upgrade now" feature.

Here's something you can try:

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=26661&st=0&#entry108604"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry108604[/url]

---

Reference for board search (not possible with attached image):
Runtime error in setup script:
Line 948: Failed to set data for 'DisplayIcon' Edited by visitor

and I have tried using your uninstaller but it does not see the lavasoft sw , I have tried it like 5 times now and still does the same error, I rebooted when I click on the 8.3 version it does the uninstall, then it reboots and nothing happens, then i wait 10 minutes still nothing so I click on the 8.3 again it goes 3/4 of the way and then the same error message everytime, I have tried the registry thing but it does not show the Lavasoft Soft SW at all I do not have the uninstal in the [ HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ ]

[quote name='visitor' post='121189' date='Jul 15 2010, 03:41 PM']I always wonder why Lavasoft support recommends using Revo Uninstaller to remove prior versions before a new installation, yet the developers incorporate an "upgrade now" feature.

Here's something you can try:

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=26661&st=0&#entry108604"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry108604[/url]

---

Reference for board search (not possible with attached image):
Runtime error in setup script:
Line 948: Failed to set data for 'DisplayIcon'[/quote] Edited by CG.

Looks like you [b][color="#0000FF"]skipped a folder[/color][/b]:

instead of
HKLM\SOFTWARE\[b][color="#0000FF"]Microsoft[/color][/b]\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

your picture shows
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Windows\CurrentVersion\

OOPs let me check will get back to you, LOL

[quote name='visitor' post='121195' date='Jul 15 2010, 04:40 PM']Looks like you [b][color="#0000ff"]skipped a folder[/color][/b]:

instead of
HKLM\SOFTWARE\[b][color="#0000ff"]Microsoft[/color][/b]\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

your picture shows
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Windows\CurrentVersion\[/quote]

Well I had to leave work, but tried the walk around and did not work, I will test it again in the morning when I get to work, but I already had something similar to this issue before and had the ad aware folder that I created previously, so I clicked on that folder and set the permission to all, for admin, but it had a couple of key fields in there, i will check in the morning and let you know what I find and post back Edited by CG.

Any other fixes before I get to work to check my PC, please post and I will be checking the forums around 10 AM hope I can resolve this D*mn issue, only happens on that pc, I have 4 other pc's with no issues, drives me crazy, also should I just empty that adaware folder that I create a while back and leave it empty, it has like 3 to 4 key fields in it now I think, I will check when I get to work, but any other suggestions please reply :)

OK here is where I am at now, I was able to uninstall after trying to re install Version 8.3, as it did the un install from the install process, then I rebooted the PC, and then created the ad aware folder and set the permissions, then applied, then I installed the so called Version 8.3 that it downloaded from Lavasoft or where ever it takes you to download the file, it installed fine, update all, then after it was up and running it said there is a new version again, so of course I did not upgrade it, what should I do from here, the version it installed was Version 8.2.6 even though the Version I suppose to of installed was Version 8.3 !!! :)

OK i found an 8.3 version on Cnet, I just un installed and then I will reboot and create new folder in registry, and then install the 8.3 version and see what happens

One thing I can say about this version other than the schedule scanning options now, is that it is really much slower to scan now, over 2 hours now and still scanning

Sorry, I've been off dealing with a drive-by infection :)

Glad to hear you got the new version installed :)

That's one reason I still use Anniversary Edition - a full scan takes about 90 mins which is about the same as other programs. One thing I do to speed things up is turn off all other apps after disconnecting from the internet. That way there's no competition for system resources. Also, you can set Ad-Aware to skip files over a user-defined size - that way if you have a lot of music or video files that are large, it doesn't rescan them every time.

Funny part is on my Windows Vista at home it scans in less than 20 minutes on the same version with the same scan set up, weird, thanks bud