Sign in to follow this  
macko1944

Threatwork Alliance

Attention Lavasoft please,
I have always cooperated with Lavasoft by allowing Threatwork Alliance to do it's job on my computer.I felt and feel,this is the least I can do for the terrific service Ad-Aware does to protect their users.
Ever since I downloaded the new version(8.3-not without some difficulty,as you can see on my previous postings)MICROSOFT disallows the sending of Threatwork Alliance reports that would appear after a usual Ad-Aware scan.
I hope Lavasoft is aware of this "problem"(if it is a problem-i guess it would be).Microsoft sends a routine note saying that T.A.stopped working(?!)and they will send a solution when it becomes available.This notice appears every time after a scan. :)

There was a prior Threatwork problem which was supposed to be fixed:

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28132&view=findpost&p=116171"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...st&p=116171[/url]

See if restarting Threatwork works, and make sure it's allowed in your firewall in case that's the problem. In the meantime, I'll update Lavasoft with this topic so they know.

Please note your OS, firewall (if any), and error message number (if any) - any details which will help Lavasoft as they try to replicate the problem.

I, too, have recently seen a problem with the reporting function of ThreatWork Alliance within Lavasoft's free version of Ad-Aware. Operating System is Windows Vista 64 Home Premium, Service Pack 2. Machine is an HP dv9000 class lap-top with 4mb memory. The details returned by the error reporting log are as follows:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ThreatWork.exe
Application Version: 8.0.0.4
Application Timestamp: 4c5c128e
Fault Module Name: xapauthenticodesip.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.0.50524.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4bf9f4b3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00002d66
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Threat Work is enabled in the "allowed" screen on the Windows Vista firewall. I do hope this will help you narrow down the cause(s) of this problem.