Sign in to follow this  
libove

Ad-Aware 8.3.0 IE Download Guard interferes with Vonage voicemail webpage .wav file downloads

I disabled the Ad-Aware 8.3.0 Download Guard plug-in for Internet Explorer (I'm running IE 8 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64) because it interfered with the Vonage voicemail webpage .wav voicemail file downloads.
With Download Guard enabled, clicking on the link to listen to a voicemail file on the Vonage voicemail webpage resulted in Download Guard asking to open the file "view.htm", which fails to result in the actual voicemail .wav file being downloaded and opened.
More generally, I've also noticed - not sure if these were also media files, or if they were other file types as well - that Download Guard would apparently download the file, check it, find it to be okay, then do nothing at all when I clicked the 'open' button in the Download Guard window to continue.

i don't know much about the download guard for IE, i used it once when it first came out and i uninstalled it. it might be better off to uninstall the Plug-in as I'm sure if its still implemented like in previous versions its a separate installer and doesn't install on default so removing it wont having any effects to running ad-aware after uninstall. Visitor or someone else might have a better idea on a fix or solution.

Sorry i couldn't offer any better help to the solution i do apologize

Thank You

Computer Wizard

@Computer Wizard - thanks, but my point was to provide notice to Lavasoft (since I'm a freeloader and don't have direct access to their support department) that they have a functionality problem.
I know how to disable, remove, and/or uninstall the Download Guard. (Can be done either in the IE add-ons manager, or indeed it is now a separate installed program which may be removed from Add/Remove programs // Windows 7 Programs & Features).

Oh alright, i miss interpreted your post i apologize, thanks for pointing out the functionality problem :)

Thank You

Computer Wizard