Sign in to follow this  
Seawolf3

Ad-Aware 8.3 Upgrade

Fm Seawolf3
When trying to upgrade to 8.3 I get "Cannot unistall old Ad-Aware - go to add/remove". When I remove AAW in add/remove I get "Could not access network location". I tried Programs/LavaSoft uninstall AAW and got the same message. Revo uninstaller Pro gives the same message. Any body got any ideas ??

When you try to undergo the uninstall do you get the option to do a Repair install? or is it just the standard remove or install?

Thank You

Computer Wizard

[quote name='Computer wizard' post='121343' date='Jul 19 2010, 09:43 AM']When you try to undergo the uninstall do you get the option to do a Repair install? or is it just the standard remove or install?
Thank You

Computer Wizard[/quote]

It was a standard remove/install. It started to uninstall and did remove the desktop AAW icon but then gave "could not access network location". I did a search and sent all AAW files to the recycle bin (they are still there). Every time I try to install AAW it gives me the "could not access ....". I downloaded "Recuva" but trying to pick thru those files could take eons.

I finally found my problem. I use TweekReg cleaner and had removed some HKEY s. I restored these deleted HKEYs and was able to download AAW. Thank you for your time. From (the not to bright) Seawolf3. :-)

Thanks for posting back. Since this topic's resolved, I'll close it now. If it needs to be reopened, PM me or any moderator :)