Sign in to follow this  
taffy078

AAW Plus / Pro - incorrect file & product v. numbers?

I had AAW Plus, v 8.0.0. Lavasoft very kindly gave me a free upgrade to Pro yesterday, v 8.3.0.

I use Secunia PSI and was puzzled why their scan didn't pick up v 8.3.0, so I asked them.

They have replied: "It seems that AdAware has not updated the file information.
The file version is 8.0.0.0 and the product version is 8.2.2.0.
Obviously, none of these versions are correct."

I've tried to find a way to contact Lavasoft but have had no success.

By posting this here, will they get to know about the issue so that they can investigate it? Edited by taffy078

[quote name='taffy078' post='121391' date='Jul 20 2010, 09:51 AM']I had AAW Plus, v 8.0.0. Lavasoft very kindly gave me a free upgrade to Pro yesterday, v 8.3.0.

I use Secunia PSI and was puzzled why their scan didn't pick up v 8.3.0, so I asked them.

They have replied: "It seems that AdAware has not updated the file information.
The file version is 8.0.0.0 and the product version is 8.2.2.0.
Obviously, none of these versions are correct."

I've tried to find a way to contact Lavasoft but have had no success.

By posting this here, will they get to know about the issue so that they can investigate it?[/quote]

Hello Taffy078,

Thank you very much for your information. Could you please attach a log file here?

Regards,
Zhe

[quote name='LS linuxcity' post='121393' date='Jul 20 2010, 09:02 AM']Hello,

I have submitted the issue. Thanks for letting us know. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Zhe[/quote]

Hi. That was quick!!! I assume you don't need the log dump now. But let me know if you do & also how I get it! Thanks

[quote]Hello,

I have submitted the issue. Thanks for letting us know. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Zhe[/quote]

Out of interest, do you have any idea when the file/product numbers will be resolved, please? It's so that I can tell Secunia, and prevent other Secunia users flagging the same problem with them.

Thanks

[quote name='taffy078' post='121431' date='Jul 22 2010, 03:35 PM']Out of interest, do you have any idea when the file/product numbers will be resolved, please? It's so that I can tell Secunia, and prevent other Secunia users flagging the same problem with them.

Thanks[/quote]

Hello Taffy078,

We do not have a fixed date yet but I would expect the fix to be released in two or three weeks:)

Again, thanks for all your help and information! Have a nice summer!

Regards,
Zhe

Hi. I raised this query once before -

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=29681&st=0&p=121391&#entry121391"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry121391[/url]

It appears to have happened again - I've just installed the update to v8.3.3 but Secunia is showing v8.0.0.0.

Cheers. Edited by taffy078