• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
macko1944

Two problems with the new AdAware

My two problems with the new version of AdAware are as stated above:
1.I already have an adequate antivirus,so I need to de-activate AdAware antivirus mode.Every time I turn my machine on,IT IS RIGHT BACK!!!
Why can't one turn the AV off once and for all?(settings-ad-watch-antivirus engine-UNCHEK)-but it keeps coming back on,the next I check,the checkmark at the engine is right there!
2.Also,the update is terribly slow.I tend to play games of bridge( program is on my computer),while waiting for the update to complete.
Anyone can do anything about the above.Any suggestions are welcome.I would hate to have to get rid of Ad Aware,having used it for years now.
Thanks! :angry:

i'm sorry to hear about your issues.

Issue 1 - when you deactivited the Anti-virus did you hit save settings? otherwise if you did im a lil stumped

Issue 2 - Lavasoft are aware of the slow updates problem and are making a fix for it, apparently its due to the AV signatures taking longer than expected.

Thank You

Computer Wizard

[quote name='Computer wizard' post='121565' date='Aug 1 2010, 11:52 PM']i'm sorry to hear about your issues.

Issue 1 - when you deactivited the Anti-virus did you hit save settings? otherwise if you did im a lil stumped

Issue 2 - Lavasoft are aware of the slow updates problem and are making a fix for it, apparently its due to the AV signatures taking longer than expected.
Thank You

Computer Wizard[/quote]
There is no "save settings"on my AdAware!All I can do,and I DO THIS EVERY TIME is,that I click on "OK"on the bottom of the page.This should be equal to saving the settings.But,IT DOESN'T DO THE JOB,because when I turn the machine on next,the Antivirus engine has the checkmark,which must mean,that it is active.So,now,every time I boot,I check and uncheck the AV,AND STILL,SOMETIMES IT COMES BACK BY THE TIME I TURN THE MACHINE OFF(and I run AdAware before doing that as a routine,and save a restore point if all is well),but it is annoying and I have no way of telling if there is any interference with my existing AV(Avira Antivir-I am using Windows Vista Home Premium by the way).It would be nice not to have to keep doing this every single time!!!Am I the only one this occures to???
Thanks.

[quote name='macko1944' post='121571' date='Aug 3 2010, 12:34 AM']There is no "save settings"on my AdAware!All I can do,and I DO THIS EVERY TIME is,that I click on "OK"on the bottom of the page.This should be equal to saving the settings.But,IT DOESN'T DO THE JOB,because when I turn the machine on next,the Antivirus engine has the checkmark,which must mean,that it is active.So,now,every time I boot,I check and uncheck the AV,AND STILL,SOMETIMES IT COMES BACK BY THE TIME I TURN THE MACHINE OFF(and I run AdAware before doing that as a routine,and save a restore point if all is well),but it is annoying and I have no way of telling if there is any interference with my existing AV(Avira Antivir-I am using Windows Vista Home Premium by the way).It would be nice not to have to keep doing this every single time!!!Am I the only one this occures to???
Thanks.[/quote]

so far on the forum your the only one i have personally seen create a topic bout this very issue possibly the OK button acts the same way as "save settings" but i'm not sure im afraid. Visitor or a LS mod can help better with this as i don't have Ad-aware installed on the system im on, only my laptop.

Thank You

Computer Wizard

[url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=29180&view=findpost&p=119274"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...st&p=119274[/url]

I reported this to Lavasoft back with version 8.2.3 in April/May, and they were able to replicate the problem with the "Alerts and Notifications" setting, so they were going to work on it. No news from them since. I've bumped the topic with this thread to let them know it's still happening with version 8.3.

I think you need to turn off Ad-Watch altogether and use Ad-Aware as on-demand scanner only. Edited by visitor

[quote name='visitor' post='121591' date='Aug 3 2010, 03:23 AM'][url="http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=29180&view=findpost&p=119274"]http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...st&p=119274[/url]

I reported this to Lavasoft back with version 8.2.3 in April/May, and they were able to replicate the problem with the "Alerts and Notifications" setting, so they were going to work on it. No news from them since. I've bumped the topic with this thread to let them know it's still happening with version 8.3.

I think you need to turn off Ad-Watch altogether and use Ad-Aware as on-demand scanner only.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.I just did(turn off Ad Watch).Will see how things work.Please let me know,if there is a solution to this issue,other than turning off an important function.I also hope,that eventually updating will go a little faster.