Sign in to follow this  
Barbapapa

I miss a further setting possibility for automatic updates.

After I have changed from Windows XP on Windows 7, the updates run for Ad-Aware Pro extremely slowly. Even if Ad-Aware became before constantly improved, Ad-Aware needs 15 minutes and more for the renews. Already this is not acceptable thus. Norton 360 carries out updates in maximum 2 minutes and runs off absolutely unobtrusively in the background, without one notes some decrease of the system achievement. Ad-Aware demands a belonging achievement of the CPU and remains unnoticed by no means.

If automatic updates are put, the updates are still performed right away by the system start. Other programs are thereby disturbed while starting. Hence, in Ad-Aware a setting is urgently required, which allows automatic updates, which are not executed instantly by the system start.

Lavasoft is working on the slow update problem, but not sure if they'll add a delayed startup option. Since you have Pro, you might want to recommend this directly to them through the Support Center link in my signature.

Until they fix it, maybe it's better to turn off auto-update and update through the tray icon when you know your computer will be idle for a time, like a coffee break.