Sign in to follow this  
wayneo

Cannot update File definitions

Question

I cannot update File Definitions for Ad-Aware Free Version 8.3.0. When I click to update the update manager appears and seems to update but the main page just shows the same unchanging date for a much earlier update.

wayne123

6 answers to this question

Hello Wayne123!

I'm sorry your unable too update your definition files via the update manager this is typical behavior of malware infection, have you tried too update the definitions manually?

Thank You

Computer Wizard

Found this Guide to updating definition manually that might be useful for you wayne

[url="http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/faqs/i-cannot-update-the-definitions-file-what-should-i-do"]updating definitions manually[/url]

Goodluck

Computer Wizard

[quote name='Computer wizard' post='121618' date='Aug 7 2010, 07:55 PM']Found this Guide to updating definition manually that might be useful for you wayne

[url="http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/faqs/i-cannot-update-the-definitions-file-what-should-i-do"]updating definitions manually[/url]

Goodluck

Computer Wizard[/quote] Yesterday I took my laptop to a friend's house and used his IP address. This time I was successful in updating file definitions.

Wayne 123

i suggest wait a couple of days and try too update with your Internet connection and see if that works.

Thank You

Computer Wizard

Errr, this happens to me, and I don't think it is malware as my Laptop is squeeky clean.

Might be because I haven't updated in the last few days because my Laptop hasn't been on.