Sign in to follow this  
Chief_AT

New Install causes immediate reboot

I just purchased and downloaded the latest Total from the Lavasoft website, and installed the program. Early in the install, just before the EULA screen, I got an error message. I ignored it and proceededand when I clicked on the "finish" button, the system rebooted. When Windows opened again, it rebooted after about ten seconds. It now does this continuously - restart/reboot/restart/reboot/etc. I went into safe mode, disabled Ad-Aware in msconfig, and rebooted with "last successful configuration", and I'm operating okay. I've dropped an e-mail to tech support, and hope to hear back soon. I paid for a three-year license, and I'd hate to pay if it won't work for me. The free verstion of Ad-Aware worked fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and got this error screen (again)-image uploaded. This time I cancelled the installation. Edited by myownboss

Hey There Myownboss!

I'm sorry that your experiencing this trouble, sadly at this time I'm not sure of what troubleshooting steps to recommend but since you have a paid license i would wait for the response, also if your able you should try the Live Chat for a prompt reply ( permitting the chat is online )

Thank You

Computer Wizard

Here's what I did to successfully load Total Security - I already had PC Tools Internet Security on my system, but I had disabled it prior to attempting to install Total Security. Seems that that wasn't enough - since this occurred over the weekend (no Lavasoft tech support) I tried a few thing on my own. After shutting down PC Tools Internet Security, I went into MSCONFIG and disabled all references to PC Tools startup items and services, and rebooted. But this did not help. I then completely UNINSTALLED PC Tools Internet Security and it's associated services from the computer, via the Control Panel. Ad-Aware then installed without a hitch. It's obvious that if PC Tools is on the system, it never surrenders it's oversight of operations, even when shutdown. Thanks for your response. Looking forward to a good three-year run.

[quote name='Computer wizard' post='121617' date='Aug 7 2010, 07:50 PM']Hey There Myownboss!

I'm sorry that your experiencing this trouble, sadly at this time I'm not sure of what troubleshooting steps to recommend but since you have a paid license i would wait for the response, also if your able you should try the Live Chat for a prompt reply ( permitting the chat is online )

Thank You

Computer Wizard[/quote]