Sign in to follow this  
p4wl

Ad Aware shut down unexpectedly during scan

I have installed the latest update (Versions 8.3.3) but unlike the others I still get error reports generated. I wonder if the others have re-adjusted their settings to scan archives again and performed a full scan. I have uploaded the files in my crashdump. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you. Edited by UserOfAdaware

I've tried 8.3.3 version of Ad-Aware today but it still crashes every time I run custom scan, and it crashes (every time, as from version 8.3.1) while scanning only one specific folder.
So version 8.3.3 hasn't fixed the problem for me, yet.

[quote name='Webstersonovich' post='122641' date='Sep 16 2010, 09:49 AM']I've tried 8.3.3 version of Ad-Aware today but it still crashes every time I run custom scan, and it crashes (every time, as from version 8.3.1) while scanning only one specific folder.
So version 8.3.3 hasn't fixed the problem for me, yet.[/quote]
For me as well, 8.3.3 has not fixed it. You all want a screen dump? Let me know how to send it.

Hello everyone

We have published the 8.3.4 update, and hope this should resolve the outstanding archive scanning crashes.

Please post your results here.

Kindest Regards,
Jeff - Lavasoft QA team leader

I am having the same problem, after scanning my C:\ Drive for 2 hours and 40 minutes on a full Scan, the Ad-Aware program disappeared from the screen. Did not see an ERROR message, but even when I wasn't scanning at times I got an ERROR Message that Ad-Aware had shut down, but later would reappear in StartUp.

I also tried to Uninstall the Ad-Aware program, but did not find Lavasoft Ad-Aware in Add Remove on my XP SP3 computer and the Uninstaller in the Ad-Aware folder, when I tried to run it, appeared to be an Installer instead of an Uninstaller.

Last night, I downloaded Version 8.3.0 from Cnet and was going to install it after I Uninstalled Version 8, but could not Uninstall Version 8.

Where do I find Version 8.3.4?

Thank You
Hvit

[quote name='HVit' post='123006' date='Sep 30 2010, 04:01 PM']I also tried to Uninstall the Ad-Aware program, but did not find Lavasoft Ad-Aware in Add Remove on my XP SP3 computer and the Uninstaller in the Ad-Aware folder, when I tried to run it, appeared to be an Installer instead of an Uninstaller.

Last night, I downloaded Version 8.3.0 from Cnet and was going to install it after I Uninstalled Version 8, but could not Uninstall Version 8.

Where do I find Version 8.3.4?[/quote]
Which version 8 do you have installed - 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 or 8.3?

AFAIK, there is no uninstaller in the C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware folder. If you go to:

Start > All Programs > Lavasoft > Ad-Aware > Uinstall Ad-Aware

it points to a location similar to this directory (I have version 8.0.9):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\{83C91755-2546-441D-AC40-9A6B4B860800}\Ad-AwareAE.exe

If you cannot uninstall through the Start Menu, try using Revo Free Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com).

To download 8.3.4 free version, use a Lavasoft mirror site:

[url="http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php"]http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php[/url]

It installs the base 8.3 and looks for updated software and definitions during installation.

I had Version 8.0 installed on my XP SP3 computer and I am referring to the Uninstaller in Start > All Program > Lavasoft > Ad-Aware > Uninstaller. That Uninstaller appears only to be an Installer and will not Uninstall. Will the Free REVO uninstall Ad-Aware or do I need to by the Professional Revo Program? Also can I run Ad-Aware 8.3.4 over the top of Version 8 without Uninstalling Version 8?

Thank You
Hvit

The Revo Free version should work, using the strongest setting to remove any leftovers. Lavasoft does not recommend installing 8.3 over the top of 8.0. I believe 8.3 actually creates different C:\Program Files\Lavasoft folders, which may lead to different entries in the add/remove programs list. 8.3 was revamped to include free anti-virus, which is a different engine from the 8.0 Plus and Pro versions.

Adaware version 8.3.4

"Ad-Aware was shut down unexpectedly and has generated an error report"

I've been getting this for a while now. Not sure what's causing it...

Windows XP SP3
Windows Firewall
AVG Antivirus (most current version