Sign in to follow this  
tommills

quicktimeinternetextraslocalized.qtr

Ad-Aware found this as a Trojan.win32.Generic!BT in quicktime folder file path is c:\program files\quicktime\qtsystem\quicktimeinternetextras.resources\nb.lproj\quicktimeinternetextraslocalized.qtr I apologize for no scan log for some reason it did not save after restarting computer. I would like to know if it is a trojan or not I have attached the file in zip password is "infected".

Thanks for your help,

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your report - this file will be re-investigated and if it is a false positive, removed from detection.

Regards,

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Labs

Hi Andy,

I have had the same detection - here is the relevant scan log, if it helps:

[attachment=8264:Scan_201...14_14_54.log]

Regards,

Spike

I also was informed by Ad-Aware that the file in question was a trojan. I let Ad-Aware delete file & then started my search for more info & after over 18 hrs. of investigating I have determined it to be a False/Positive. I re-installed QuickTime and updated Ad-Aware and the file passed OK. I, just as you, was worried about an infection. QTime is a app. I use alot for online work and I do understand it could easily become contaminated but I now feel safe. I thank Ad-Aware for their work!! Best to be safe than sorry.

[quote name='LS Andy' post='121964' date='Aug 21 2010, 03:58 AM']Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your report - this file will be re-investigated and if it is a false positive, removed from detection.

Regards,

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Labs[/quote]

Thanks Andy got latest update and removed the file from quarantine scan came back clean thanks again.

Sign in to follow this