RLSharp

How to avoid deletion of ALL cookies?

Recently when Ad-Aware finds an adverse cookie and I
ask to have that cookies removed, the program removes
all of my cookies. I would like to save certain cookies but
they also get removed.

How do I avoid this? Also, in the past the cookies found by
Ad-Aware were described, now only the designation
"cookie" is given for those found. Any advise on this?

Thanks. Richard

[quote name='RSharp' post='122163' date='Aug 29 2010, 08:07 AM']Recently when Ad-Aware finds an adverse cookie and I ask to have that cookies removed, the program removes all of my cookies. I would like to save certain cookies but they also get removed. How do I avoid this?[/quote]
If the cookies you want to save are detected, you need to add them to the ignore list. If they are not detected, but deleted with all the cookies, then it's a bug. You can set up a Profile Scan and uncheck the scan for cookies. They're not really malicious malware, just text files which store info about your sites like stay-logged in.

[quote name='RSharp' post='122163' date='Aug 29 2010, 08:07 AM']Also, in the past the cookies found by Ad-Aware were described, now only the designation "cookie" is given for those found. Any advise on this?[/quote]
Lavasoft has made the GUI oversimplified - you might find more info in the scan logs:

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Logs\Scan_<date information>.log

What would we do without the search feature... I'm glad I found this thread!

The last couple of weeks I've noticed that at certain sites I would suddenly no longer be logged in. I do use CCleaner regularly, but use its functionality to "keep" certain cookies. Which has worked flawlessly over the years.

It wasn't until today that I finally linked this problem to Ad-Aware. I just did a smart scan and removed two ad cookies. But it does indeed look like all cookies were deleted, at the usual sites I'm now logged out and/or log-in information has been forgotten.

This is very annoying and I hope you and/or Lavasoft can look into this, and fix it, quickly.

:o

Initially, Ad-Aware had a bug not finding cookies. They fixed it, but now all cookies are deleted. I have a feeling this is related to another bug where ignored items are not ignored, so I've reported the all-cookie deletion to Lavasoft.