Sign in to follow this  
brusoft

AAWSErvice.exe

I am wondering why I see AAWService.exe in my processes? It is using quite a bit of memory. I disabled Ad-Watch Live a while ago opting to only use Ad Aware as an on demand scanner. There is no icon in the system tray and Ad-Watch Live is indeed disabled in the program controls. So why the process? I am using 8.2.6.

I double checked my settings and although I had previously done it I again disabled auto check for updates. I do still get the updates on Sunday and Thursday through scheduled tasks.

To summarize, I do not have Ad-Watch Live enabled. I do not auto check for updates. This program should not be doing anything until I open it yet AAWService.exe is running all the time using memory. Something is wrong with this. Is it finally time to get rid of AAW?

This is crazy. I end the process and it immediately comes back using huge amounts of memory and CPU until it finally settles down. In services it is set to manual and says started. If I try to stop it there it again immediately comes back. What the heck is going on? A program that shouldn't be running, is. No I don't have a virus/malware.

Perhaps someone who is using version 8 can respond. Edited by brusoft

I wonder why if you've turned off auto-update it's still in the scheduled tasks. Maybe you can delete that and only update on-demand too. Also, turn off anything else like the tray icon, notifications, submit to Threatwork, etc. I'm using 8.0.9 with all settings turned off, and the service doesn't run.