Sign in to follow this  
pchokola

Update Problem with Adaware 8.3.1

[quote name='Dante3000' post='122272' date='Sep 3 2010, 03:27 AM']Hi, I am suddenly having problems updating my Ad Aware programme version 8.3.1. It gets to a point where it says something along the lines of 'Applying 90 updates' before freezing up. Only a system restart can get rid of it from my screen. I have tried re-installing and the same thing continues to happen... any help would be much appreciated.[/quote]

Same exact problem as recent post with the same software version. Installed and re-installed Adaware but it did not help. I downloaded the updates manually, but as soon as I did an update from within Adaware it deleted my updated file and is stuck again at the "Applying update: Extended definition: applying 91 updates." I know it is indeed running, because I see it in the Task Manager, and it is steadily using 50% cpu processing power on both pipelines of a 2.61 GHZ hyperthreaded cpu. It has been running for a couple of hours, so I am forced to kill the process non-gracefully.

[quote name='pjc' post='122307' date='Sep 4 2010, 04:25 PM']Same exact problem as recent post with the same software version. Installed and re-installed Adaware but it did not help. I downloaded the updates manually, but as soon as I did an update from within Adaware it deleted my updated file and is stuck again at the "Applying update: Extended definition: applying 91 updates." I know it is indeed running, because I see it in the Task Manager, and it is steadily using 50% cpu processing power on both pipelines of a 2.61 GHZ hyperthreaded cpu. It has been running for a couple of hours, so I am forced to kill the process non-gracefully.[/quote]

UPDATE. Took a couple hours . but finally updated. You can close this thread if you want to.