Sign in to follow this  
highpkts

New version deletes my sign-ins

Ever since I d/l the 8,3 new version, it deletes my sign-in on pages I visit regularly.
What do I uncheck in order to keep these? For instance, I am always signed in to Facebook and now I have to sign in after I have run Ad-Aware. Edited by highpkts

There's a problem others have mentioned where Ad-Aware is deleting all cookies, not just the user-chosen ones. Make sure you scan in Advanced Mode, that allows you to choose which action is taken on detected items. Then you can add the cookies from your websites to the ignore list. Scanning in Simple Mode automatically takes the preferred action to delete such items.

However, note that this *still* may not work. There's another bug which I'm not sure is fixed yet - the items in the ignore list were not being ignored. Instead, what you should do is set up a Profile Scan and uncheck the box to scan for tracking cookies. This will ignore all cookies, even the ones you don't want, but cookies have a low threat level since they're just text files.

Thank you for your answer - hope I'm doing this right - never tried this forum before. I've been playing with computers since the old Radio Shack days when you had to type in your own programs, since I'm only 81, you would think I would know how to figure this all out.
I will try looking at the advanced mode and see if it helps.
Since the only thing it ever finds is cookies when I do a scan, it kinda defeats my purpose if I disable all cookies.

[quote name='highpkts' post='122745' date='Sep 18 2010, 09:10 PM']Since the only thing it ever finds is cookies when I do a scan, it kinda defeats my purpose if I disable all cookies.[/quote]
Yes, it does. Initially, Ad-Aware had a bug not finding cookies. They fixed it, but now all cookies are deleted. I have a feeling this is related to another bug where ignored items are not ignored, so I've reported the all-cookie deletion to Lavasoft.