Sign in to follow this  
bjorsa

Ad-aware turned computer off when updating!

Not only did ad-aware take its share of time updating itself. When it finally had finished downloading the new files it simply turned my computer off. I was bumped out of a game, lost a word document that had taken more than an hour to write, lost the firefox windows with a long and tedious job applying application ongoing.

To say the least, I am very upset about this and I feel a need to tell the whole internet about it. In fact, I made this account here only so I could spew some hate on ad-aware. This is simply not acceptable.

I run win7 x64. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Lavasoft takes the m-f price with this one.

/Angry

Hopefully you had auto-save turned on in Word so you could recover the document. I learned that the hard way a long time ago. Now I instinctively hit Ctrl-S anytime I remove my hands from the keyboard.

Also, when doing anything online like a job application which doesn't allow saves, I make sure to start, finish, and submit ASAP. Updating software during such a crucial time is risky since that often entails needing to reboot. In your case, it may have been Ad-Aware, but anything could have happened, e.g. BSOD, power outage, etc.