Sign in to follow this  
jccclark99

Slow Updates

In June the LS Blog said slow updates were a known problem but they were working to fix it. It still takes 20 min. to update and that's after only a couple of days since I did it last. I can run a quick scan on Avast in less time. What do I need Ad-Aware 8.3.4 for? If I go back to an 8.0.x or 8.2 without any AV features will it update any faster? Will LS continue to support the non-AV versions? Thanks.

Since AE 8.0.x came out about 2 yrs ago, I think they'll continue support for about another year since they offer 3-yr licenses - even longer for 8.1 or 8.2. From what I can tell here, the update problem is strictly with 8.3 with the addition of the anti-virus. Of course, Lavasoft always recommends using the most current version due to their continual improvements.

[quote name='claw99' post='123094' date='Oct 5 2010, 11:07 PM']In June the LS Blog said slow updates were a known problem but they were working to fix it. It still takes 20 min. to update and that's after only a couple of days since I did it last. I can run a quick scan on Avast in less time. What do I need Ad-Aware 8.3.4 for? If I go back to an 8.0.x or 8.2 without any AV features will it update any faster? Will LS continue to support the non-AV versions? Thanks.[/quote]
Fortunate you ! I've been unable to update my Ad Aware for a few days now and I don't know why or what I can do about it. I've run all my other security programs and I have Comodo Firewall so I am stumped and VERY frustrated.llI keep firing off the 'report ' to Lavasoft but so far nothing has been done.
Does anyone have information I don't please? :)

[quote name='jane a' post='123431' date='Oct 29 2010, 06:15 AM']I've run all my other security programs and I have Comodo Firewall so I am stumped and VERY frustrated.llI keep firing off the 'report ' to Lavasoft but so far nothing has been done.
Does anyone have information I don't please? :)[/quote]

[b]disable or get rid of Comodo Firewall, jane a![/b] it causes conflicts with Lavasoft Ad-aware (any version).
with Comodo either uninstalled or disabled, Lavasoft should be able to download and install updates fairly quickly. :)

other Ad-aware users who had Comodo firewall installed either disabled it or removed it completely off their computers Edited by erpguy6