• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
rnowotny

Ad-Aware System Scan - exclude Directories

Hello,
for testing of our mailservers, I have some EICAR Test Signatures on my Harddrive, of course the ad-aware scanner recognice them as virus and quarantine them.
Unfortunately there is no exclude-list were i can exclude certain directories from scanning. (at least I have not found that option)

yours sincerely

Ing. Robert Nowotny
Vienna / Austria

Hello,
for testing of our mailservers, I have some EICAR Test Signatures on my Harddrive, of course the ad-aware scanner recognice them as virus and quarantine them.
Unfortunately there is no exclude-list were i can exclude certain directories from scanning. (at least I have not found that option)

yours sincerely

Ing. Robert Nowotny
Vienna / Austria

[quote name='rnowotny' post='123415' date='Oct 28 2010, 05:25 PM']Hello,

yours sincerely

Ing. Robert Nowotny
Vienna / Austria[/quote]

Hello,
after scanning, at the Scan Results screen, in the Action drop-down menu you can choose Ignore. You need the ignore list. The files that there are on the list will not be checked then.
I use it, it works.

I hope so I was able to help you.

Cinke
Hungary

Robert, I merged your duplicate posts - no need to post twice in the general and AAW users forums. There is no exclusion list, although we have recommended it to Lavasoft. You can set up a profile scan, but you must select all directories except the ones you want excluded. Otherwise, the ignore list of detected items as cinke mentioned.

Cinke, you have 8.3.4? From 8.0.8 through 8.3.2, there was a problem with ignored items being redetected - Lavasoft never mentioned this was fixed. :) Edited by visitor

Visitor, yes I have 8.3.4, but I don't understand something. I have two notebook with Ad-Aware 8.3.4. The ignore list isn't working on my work-notebook, but on my own it's working correctly.

so yes, cannot be trusted its function.

Cinke