Sign in to follow this  
drtomc

Scan is never ending.

I just downloaded adaware, updated definitions, and ran full computer scan. My hard drive is small (30gb) and it has been running over two hours. Is this normal?

I always scan after disconnecting from the internet and stopping all other processes so all system resources are available. My 2009 Anniversary Edition takes 1-1/2 hrs to scan an 80gb drive. If you have another resident security program running, it can definitely take a long time.

Slow Scan or Freezing[quote name='drtomc' post='123614' date='Nov 10 2010, 04:38 PM']I just downloaded adaware, updated definitions, and ran full computer scan. My hard drive is small (30gb) and it has been running over two hours. Is this normal?[/quote]

I too have had the same problem with full scan - it stops on a particular file (that varies) and just keeps scanning but not moving on; you cannot stop the scan; if you exit and start again, Ad-aware returns at the same point so you have to go to Program Manager to stop it. Is this something introduced in a recent update?

Hey there,

im sorry the both of you are suffering from this unpleasant problem, please try the following

1. Disk Cleanup with the windows utility

2. Disk defrag

3. Profile scan with Ad-aware ( this will elimate scanning the archive's which really aint critical to be scanned all the time )

Cheers

Computer Wizard Edited by Computer wizard